Untitled Part 100

Hearing Xiao Hua say she might be pregnant, the Jing Prince directly froze.

However, he snapped out of it very quickly and raised his voice for someone to call Doctor Hu.

Xiao Xia Zi was outside and received the order. He was momentarily confused. After waiting for a bit without seeing any other movement, he went to carry out his orders. Xiao Qin Zi also turned around to inform Eunuch Fu. After all, calling for Doctor Hu wasn't a minor situation. Who knew what could have happened to his highness. If he really had some issue with his body and Eunuch Fu wasn't immediately informed, he and Xiao Xia Zi would be done for the next day. Even if they weren't put to death they would have to shed a layer of skin.

The two people in the room were still spacing out while those outside were up in arms due to the situation.

Xiao Hua sat there listening to the movements outside. Seeing that the two of them weren't in an appropriate condition to see anyone, and knowing Doctor Hu was about to come, she called for someone to prepare bathwater.

The two of them washed and changed. The bedsheets and what not were also changed to clean ones. The Jing Prince wore indoor casualwear and sat on the side of the bed. The curtains on the palanquin bed were closed. Xiao Hua was still lying in bed because the Jing Prince wouldn't let her get up.

Seeing the seriousness of the matter, Xiao Hua felt a lot of pressure. She felt even more that it would be laughable if she wasn't actually pregnant. Looking at the Jing Prince's expression, she couldn't infer any clues.

Eunuch Fu stood outside and asked quietly for an audience. The Jing Prince allowed him to come in. Seeing the Jing Prince sitting perfectly fine by the bedside, Eunuch Fu let out a breath of relief.

"Highness, are you feeling unwell?"

The Jing Prince shook his head and didn't speak.

Ding Xiang was also in the room. Eunuch Fu glanced at her, and seeing her expression contain some concealed delight, he had some guesses in his heart.

After a while, Xiao Xia Zi announced Doctor Hu's arrival. Eunuch Fu hurriedly summoned him inside.

"Examine the madam."

Ding Xiang walked to the bed and muttered in a low voice. A snow-white spotless wrist reached out through the curtains. Ding Xiang placed a silk handkerchief on it. Doctor Hu gave the Jing Prince a salute before stepping up to take her pulse.

At the same time, Ding Xiang leaned over and spoke some inaudible words to him.

After a long while, Doctor Hu opened his mouth and said: "Hearing high-ranked palace maid Ding Xiang's account of the situation, along with the condition of her pulse, madam should indeed be pregnant. It's just a little early so it's not too clear."

"Really?" Eunuch Fu's voice became pitched due to excitement.

Doctor Hu stroked his beard, "This, should be the case, with eighty percent confidence. But in order to be certain, the pulse needs to be taken after another half a month."

Actually Doctor Hu was already certain, but he was never willing to speak absolutes. Furthermore, it was still in its early stages and the pulse was truly not that clear, which was why he spoke this way.

Hearing Doctor Hu's words, everyone revealed a joyful smile. No one had any doubts at this time. Doctor Hu's medical skills were extremely good, and having eighty percent confidence was essentially a certainty. Eunuch Fu was also aware that Doctor Hu liked to keep things close to the chest.

"Sure, sure, sure. This one will personally come invite you in half a month."

Eunuch Fu personally sent Doctor Hu off. Ding Xiang asked Xiao Hua various things like whether she needed food or water before taking her leave as well.