Untitled Part 90

The day Xiao Hua went into her room, she lay on the bed and pondered for a long, long time.

No matter how she pondered, she couldn't think through the obstructions in her heart. Her emotions were a complete mess.

She had thought that his highness would probably come that night, but even when the sky turned dark he had yet to show up.

Xiao Hua didn't eat dinner. The entire western pavilion was extremely silent.

After the last Chun Zhu left, a new "Chun Zhu" had been sent over. Because of what had happened, Auntie Qi had said "very clean" when she sent the new person over.

Ding Xiang understood Auntie Qi's meaning. This Chun Zhu thus started serving in the western pavilion.

When the master was favored, the servants would have a lot of face. Normally when walking in the estate, everyone would attach some importance to them. After what happened with the last Chun Zhu, the remaining three Chun Mei, Chun Lan and Chun Ju were all extremely well behaved. With the addition of the new Chun Zhu, the four of them all served carefully, hoping for the day they could serve by the madam's side like Ding Xiang and the other two.

There were very few inside the estate who didn't keep things in their mind.

Today when madam came back from the Hall of Splendor, Ding Xiang had strangely sent Ding Lan and Chun Cao out. Afterwards, the two of them had gone back inside but only the living room lamps were lit. The western room and madam's bedroom lamps were all dark. Along with Ding Xiang and the other two's expressions, the four low-ranked palace maids all understood that something major had happened.

Each of them shrunk their necks in, working lightly and carefully, deeply afraid of becoming the punching bag.

"Aren't we going to take a look?" Ding Lan said quietly.

Chun Cao's face was filled with worry, and she felt irritable on the inside. She didn't know how to vent her sullen emotions.

Ding Xiang's face was solemn. Seeing the other two's expressions, she said: "You guys should be more mindful. Don't act as if your parents had died just because the madam isn't happy. Our role as servants is precisely to make the mistress happy. When the madam gets up later, she will definitely feel unwell again after seeing your expressions."

Ding Xiang never let any opportunity to educate Ding Lan and Chun Cao slip by. However, they knew that Ding Xiang was teaching them for their own good.

"Big sis Ding Xiang, we understand. We definitely won't let madam notice anything."

After another while, Ding Xiang put down the things in her hands and went towards the bedroom.

It was dark inside, but the moonlight made it possible to see. Ding Xiang didn't light the lamps and walked in front of the bed curtains.

"Is madam still sleeping?"

After a moment, a voice that was slightly hoarse sounded out.

"Ding Xiang?"

Hearing the response, Ding Xiang lifted the curtains and walked to the bed.

"It's already very late. Madam should get up and eat some food."

"What time is it?"

"It's past dinner time."

"Oh, it's already this late?"

The voice carried a little hint of a sigh. Ding Xiang had to blink a couple of times to drive away the moisture gathering in her eyes.

"It's indeed time for food. How can I not eat, right?" Xiao Hua muttered.