Untitled Part 145

In the four months he was away, the Jing Prince did quite a few things.

Without mentioning the rest, he had actually made a trip to the capital.

Things were bubbling up from all over in the capital, and calling it a matter of life or death wouldn't be an exaggeration. He naturally couldn't just sit in the Jing Province giving orders from afar.

Many things happened, and luckily his efforts were rewarded. After it was over, the Jing Prince didn't care about how Emperor Xi was planning to clean up the mess in the capital. He secretly took his people back to the Jing Province. The moment he returned, he rushed over.

Xiao Hua came back from washing her face and saw him surrounded by the children who were asking all sorts of strange questions.

Actually, two year old children didn't have long memories. They knew who dad and mom were, but after not seeing them for a while many children wouldn't recognize them.

Yi Yi was such an example. Luckily Zhuo'er's memory was much better than his sister's. He was the one who recognized the Jing Prince and told his sister this was daddy. The word "dad" stirred up Yi Yi's hidden memories, or perhaps father and daughters have a natural bond, or also perhaps she still remembered a man who always held her when she was younger. Although he didn't smile, he was very patient. Whatever the case, Yi Yi and the Jing Prince warmed up to each other very quickly. Before long, she was clinging onto dad's neck and laughing happily.

Zhuo'er was a little more opinionated. When the Jing Prince noticed his furrowed little brows, he recalled something and handed over a box of treats to him. Only then did Zhuo'er reveal a bit of childish delight.

His delight only lasted for a second. Perhaps little Zhuo'er felt that he had to be more sensible than his sister. He placed the box on the table and nodded in satisfaction.

He was essentially telling the Jing Prince "You've done well, knowing to earn money and buy things for your children back home."

This scene made Xiao Hua feel extremely moved.

A woman's mood was truly very strange. She had clearly been full of complaints, clearly been full of worry day after day, and clearly intended on giving him attitude. But the moment she saw that person, what ended up bubbling out was complete happiness and excitement. She had thrown the rest of her chaotic thoughts to the back of her mind and forget about them....

Ding Xiang and Chun Cao laid out their dinner. After putting the children in their spots for the meal, Xiao Hua and the Jing Prince sat at the table.

Xiao Hua's face was rigid as she ate with her head lowered. Suddenly a pair of chopsticks put some vegetables into her bowl. She didn't say anything and continued to eat. Perhaps because her mind was a mess, she only grabbed at her rice mechanically and didn't think to grab any of the dishes. The Jing Prince sighed, and seeing that she had eaten the vegetables in her bowl he grabbed her some more. By the end, Xiao Hua had eaten quite a lot but the Jing Prince didn't get to eat much.

But he actually felt neither hungry nor tired. Despite having rushed for over ten days to get here, his weariness completely disappeared the moment he saw her and the children.

Hot water was already prepared after dinner was done.

The weather was gradually getting colder. Zhuo'er and Yi Yi didn't take a bath every day. This time she washed their faces, hands and feet before changing their clothes and letting Ding Xiang put them to sleep.

Xiao Hua went to take a bath, and the Jing Prince took one after she was done.

The Jing Prince was clearly quite filthy so they prepared a lot of water. The Jing Prince washed by himself, and after getting out of the tub he saw a set of men's underwear on the shelf.