Untitled Part 77

The days became peaceful as expected.

It became so peaceful that Xiao Hua felt it to be a little inconceivable. Even though this was what she had dreamed of in the past, the sudden peace still made her a little surprised.

Having truly become idle, Xiao Hua felt her days were being spent eating and sleeping. She was a little bored.

But for women in the rear court, there really wasn't much to do for entertainment. Apart from struggling here and there, the rest of the time could only be spent idling away.

If there had been a garden within the estate, she could have passed some of the time wandering amongst the flowers. However, the Jing Prince Estate didn't have such an elaborate trifle and Xiao Hua also didn't want to leave the residence. She could only drop the thought.

The palace maids below tried to find ways to alleviate their mistress's boredom. Xiao Hua also found something to do: making a piece of clothing.

She had constantly been practicing her embroidery, and as of today her needlework was pretty good. She could even embroider basic patterns. Due to being weary from dealing with the Jing Consort's side, she hadn't found time to try it out in the past.

Now that she was idle, she wanted to try making clothes for Nana He.

She had always taken Nana He's care of her to heart. She didn't have much gold or silver, and besides gifting this would be a sort of insult. She could only use her efforts to show her gratitude.

Although she was a little ashamed of her skills, she remembered that the first thing she made was also given to Nana He and she seemed to have liked it a lot. Therefore this shame didn't last too long.

Having had the thought, Xiao Hua put her hands to it.

She had Ding Xiang bring over the cloth and started cutting and sewing. Although her movements were slow, it kept her entertained in its own way.

Ding Xiang wouldn't let her work too long, saying that it was harmful for the eyes. There were several times when she wanted to take over, but Xiao Hua wouldn't let her. She worked like this for several days and the main structure was completed. All that was left was to add some embroidered edges for decoration.

Because it was spring, Xiao Hua was making a spring outfit. Once the weather warmed up it could be worn. As for Ding Xiang and the rest, they also busied themselves making spring outfits for Xiao Hua. Therefore, there was a lot of hustle and bustle in the western pavilion these days.

The Jing Prince had also been coming to the western pavilion, but not as frequently as before. He seemed to be extremely busy, but would always come by once every couple of days. It was way better than before.

Seeing this, Xiao Hua was naturally very happy.

Although he still spoke very little and his attitude hadn't changed, their interactions seemed to contain a hint of tenderness.

Xiao Hua wasn't sure why there would be such a change. Perhaps his highness really cared about her a little?

But seeing the Jing Prince's apathetic as usual expression and his unchanging taciturn nature, she would always feel a little discouraged. However, she knew that maintaining this situation was still extremely beneficial for herself.

This day the Jing Prince came to the western pavilion again.

He had come a little early and Xiao Hua hadn't eaten dinner yet. Seeing the Jing Prince arrive at this time, she asked if he had eaten yet. His answer was no, thus the two ate dinner together.

This didn't happen often, but it had happened before. Therefore Xiao Hua didn't feel too unused to it.

Having served him for so long, Xiao Hua was already quite familiar with his daily habits.