Untitled Part 113

"Your majesty's royal body is currently stable." Imperial Physician Zhou finished taking his pulse and said.

Zheng Hai Quan approached and took off the yellow silk covering Emperor Xi's wrist.

"The medication must continue. This subordinate will renew the prescription. General Manager Zheng, if you are available later, please come with this subordinate to the imperial pharmacy." Emperor Xi's medications were all handled personally by Zheng Hai Quan. He was extremely cautious and refused to let any outsiders come into contact with it.

"I'm available, I'm available. Nothing is more important than his majesty's royal body." Zheng Hai Quan's face was full of smiles.

Emperor Xi sat behind the desk, his face full of praise, "Imperial Physician Zhou's skills are supreme. Our body is safe in your hands."

"Only two years though. Two years is ultimately a little short...."

These faint, almost imperceptible words entered Imperial Physician Zhou's ears. His hand trembled, and he bowed deeper. Zheng Hai Quan did the same on the side.

Many things would give one the chills if said out loud, even if they all knew it in their hearts. Especially if the one saying it was the person with the most authority in the world.

Ever since Emperor Xi's illness struck until now, those who knew the truth were only Zheng Hai Quan and Imperial Physician Zhou. The others who knew were people who served Emperor Xi closely, but they had been gotten rid of one after another. This batch that was currently in the palace hall.....

Imperial Physician Zhou remembered how he had once inadvertently asked a eunuch something while looking for Zheng Hai Quan. That person's mouth had been completely empty, like a devouring black hole.....

"The emperor is the venerated heavenly dragon. His prestige cannot be tainted by ten thousand demons. He is blessed by the gods. The body of a dragon will definitely recover."

Emperor Xi burst out laughing, "Outcast Zhou Jin. Even you've managed to develop a silver tongue to flatter me."

Imperial Physician Zhou's expression turned rigid and he bowed once more.

"Zheng Hai Quan, see Imperial Physician Zhou out."

"Yes."

He stood up and greeted with a smile, "Imperial Physician Zhou, this way please."

Imperial Physician Zhou let out a light breath and cupped his hands, "Thank you General Manager Zheng."

After he saw him off, Zheng Hai Quan returned to the hall. Emperor Xi still sat upon the throne, but his previous relaxed smile had been replaced by inexplicable gloominess.

Ever since that time, his master's mood had been hard to read. Even Zheng Hai Quan felt like he was walking on thin ice.

The hall was scarily quiet. Zheng Hai Quan walked up and said quietly: "Your majesty, I've sent Imperial Physician Zhou out."

Emperor Xi carelessly acknowledged him as though he was lost in thought.

After a while, he suddenly said: "Zhou Jin looked a little strange...." He knocked his hand on the desk, "In the past he would never say such flattering words."

Zheng Hai Quan didn't dare speak. His head was deeply lowered.

After another moment of silence, Emperor Xi said: "Go investigate."

"Yes."

If Emperor Xi truly wanted something investigated, it would be quickly accomplished. Zheng Hai Quan came back to report the next day.