Untitled Part 30

In the blink of an eye, over half a month had passed. Eunuch Fu had been in a good mood recently, humming little tunes in the mornings.

"Master, this disciple noticed your mood has been pretty good these past few days."

An Chen was a seventeen or eighteen year old eunuch who served in the rear hall of the Hall of Splendor. His features were delicate and his face was full of smiles as he spoke, making him extremely likeable. Of course this was only towards his highness and his master. Towards others, An Chen was extremely arrogant.

Eunuch Fu laughed and swung a kick at him, "You little brat, when did you learn to laugh at your master?"

An Chen pretended to stagger back from the kick, then straightened himself and sidled up to Eunuch Fu, his face full of smiles.

"Disciple clearly saw master being in a cheerful mood, even humming a little tune." An Chen put on an aggrieved appearance, making Eunuch Fu laugh even harder.

Eunuch Fu gave An Chen a side eye, "You don't know why I'm happy? Where's his highness?"

"His highness is in the front hall eating breakfast." An Chen laughed drily in mischief a couple of times, leaning close to Eunuch Fu and whispering: "His highness hasn't made any moves yet this time, this is really a hugely wonderful thing."

When this was mentioned Eunuch Fu couldn't help his lips from curving upwards.

"How are those low palace maids doing recently? When I'm not present you must ask someone to keep a close watch."

"Master can rest assured when An Chen handles things. I've asked someone to keep an eye out."

"These few low palace maids are all quite young. Make Xiao Xia Zi and the others teach them some more indirectly."

"Please don't worry about this matter, master." An Chen naturally knew what Eunuch Fu liked to hear, and chose his words to please him, "This time it will definitely succeed. Look how short those previous palace maids lasted. This time it's already been over half a month, meaning this time the people definitely fit his highness's desires. Master has really good insight, and really knows how to pick people."

Eunuch Fu smiled a little while stroking his bald chin and spoke: "That would be for the best. Otherwise I would worry myself to death."

An Chen did not banter with this line. Although he normally spoke in an unrestrained manner with his master, he knew what he could say and couldn't say. He couldn't afford to take this line lightly.

As Eunuch Fu's disciple, everyone in the estate had to view him with some importance.

However, An Chen was clear that in the Jing Prince's heart, he wasn't someone irreplaceable unlike his master. His master had watched the prince grow up. Otherwise what household's servant would dare openly arrange women by his master's side.

Of course, whether his highness accepted it was another thing, but to dare do so or for the Jing Prince to give sufficient face to do so, only Eunuch Fu barely qualified.

Everyone in the estate understood the Jing Prince's indifferent character, but who would dare speak out against it even a little. Don't you see that even his highness's consort, the Jing Consort, stayed in her house the whole time without daring to say a word?

In the end, the royal household's rules were different from other places, and the royal family's prestige cannot be infringed upon. The master could act as he liked and that was his business. Servants who said one word too many would end up dead.

If An Chen commented carelessly, it wouldn't even require others to act since his own master Eunuch Fu wouldn't spare him.

"I'm going to the front hall. If things succeed this time, your benefits also wouldn't be lacking." After speaking, Eunuch Fu walked off.