Untitled Part 59

Hearing Ding Lan's words, both Xiao Hua and Ding Xiang spaced out.

Ding Xiang's reactions were especially fast, handing over her work to Ding Lan, wiping off her hands and swiftly putting Xiao Hua's shoes on for her.

Xiao Hua walked out of the western room into the living room, and saw the Jing Prince walk in with Eunuch Fu. Eunuch Fu was brushing off the snow on his overcoat.

"Greetings to your highness."

Xiao Hua performed a salute while Eunuch Fu helped the prince out of his coat. The Prince lifted a hand and Xiao Hua raised herself up to give Eunuch Fu a hand.

After the Jing Prince took off his coat, he took a look around and walked towards the western room.

While the Jing Prince sat on one side and Ding Lan brought him some tea, some low-ranked eunuchs brought over a bunch of things from the other side.

Xiao Hua took a look and saw that it was all the Jing Prince's indoor clothing, shoes and things like that. She didn't say anything, helping him out of his thick outerwear and change into something lighter.

The Hall of Splendor didn't have a kiln, but Xiao Hua saw that the Jing Prince didn't seem unfamiliar with it. He took his shoes off and sat cross-legged on the kiln.

The servants in the room all took their leave. Eunuch Fu and Ding Xiang stood some distance away by the door.

The Jing Prince drank tea from his teacup. Xiao Hua didn't know what to do at that moment, and sat down sideways on the kiln.

"Eunuch Fu."

"Highness?"

The Jing Prince's eyes signaled, and Eunuch Fu had Ding Xiang and others remove the kiln table Xiao Hua was eating her lunch on.

The Jing Prince first looked at the kiln which had two of Xiao Hua's pillows on it. He leaned against it and gave Xiao Hua a glance.

"Shoulders."

With just one word, Xiao Hua knew that the Jing Prince's shoulders were feeling uncomfortable.

She muttered irresolutely before saying: "Please wait your highness. This servant concubine will have them bring over two more charcoal basins."

There were no heated vents in the house, and it wasn't too warm. Having massaged the Jing Prince many times, Xiao Hua would always have him wear one layer to make it easier to do so.

Once the charcoal basins were brought over the western room's temperature quickly turned warmer. Xiao Hua helped the Jing Prince take off an outer layer, leaving only the inner silk robe.

The Jing Prince lay prone on the kiln, grabbed himself one of the thinner pillows and buried his face in it. Xiao Hua also had Ding Xiang help her out of her lined jacket, leaving only a loose skirt jacket.

The work was familiar. Despite the location being different, Xiao Hua found it quite easy to adapt. She warmed her hands up by rubbing them and knelt beside the Jing Prince on the kiln, starting to slowly knead his back and shoulders.

She didn't know if it was because she hadn't massaged him in a several days, but Xiao Hua felt that his muscles were extremely tight. She slowly rubbed them loose. Xiao Hua then put her hands on the Jing Prince's shoulder blades.

She thought a little and spoke: "Highness, do your shoulders feel uncomfortable? What about your neck?"

She remembered the notes mentioning that normally when the shoulders were uncomfortable, the neck would also be affected. In the past she didn't dare ask, but now the thought of earning some favor crossed her mind. She also wanted to spark some conversation between the prince and herself. She felt that the constant silence needed to be addressed.