Untitled Part 45

The next day, Xiao Hua hesitated a long time but still toughened up her skin and went to work.

Based on recent events, she didn't know what the best thing to do was. Although she wanted to remain as a low-ranked palace maid, she had already done things beyond the scope of her job. Furthermore, by this point it wasn't a question of whether she was willing or not, but rather that she had no way to resist.

After thinking about it for so long, she might as well just forget it and not think about it at all. After all, she never had hopes to become favored, so there was no need to consider losing favor. The worst case scenario would be a lifetime of loneliness, but since she had already made preparations to be a "widow" when she gets released, what was there to be afraid of?

Was this what was meant by fearlessness?

Actually since things had developed to this extent, Xiao Hua had also thought things through a little. She couldn't figure out why the Jing Prince had called for her once again. The first time could attributed to the alcohol. The second time could only be attributed to the novelty.

Fine, a newly dug latrine would still smell good for the first three days. She could only self-mockingly think like this.

The Jing Prince's face still remained the same as before, not even looking directly at her. Every time she saw the prince's unperturbed expression Xiao Hua would feel distress bottled up in her heart.

Eunuch Fu on the other hand piled up smiles on his face as he saw her. Although he would restrain his smiles when in front of the prince, Xiao Hua could clearly tell his face was silently radiating happiness.

Xiao Hua definitely couldn't give Eunuch Fu any attitude, even though she knew that a large part of her current awkward situation was due to this bastard fanning the flames.

But she remembered that this old bastard wasn't just any simple bastard. Not only was he the estate's general manager, he was also an old man from the palace who had watched the Jing Prince grow up.

Although his face smiled and his mouth was sweet, he was never lenient when needing to teach his subordinates a lesson.

Just based on this, Xiao Hua didn't dare offend him in the slightest.

How could Eunuch Fu not realize that under Xiao Hua's calm expression, she was actually angry? But he was a little perplexed. Normally if a low-ranked palace maid could climb into his highness's bed they would be extremely ecstatic and praise their ancestors for their blessings. What was this low-ranked palace maid called Xiao Hua angry about?

He wasn't in the mood to analyze a low-ranked palace maid's attitude, and wasn't willing to spare any thought for it. Because to him, those were all beside the point. The point was his highness's intimate affairs. As for this palace maid, she couldn't possibly be unwilling, or rather, her willingness wasn't important to Eunuch Fu.

Furthermore, based on Eunuch Fu's observations, although this Xiao Hua's reaction was different from normal people, she was overall still a very steady and practical person.

She was a little too practical!

If anyone else received this favor, they would all without fail be eager for more, using all sorts of means to invite further pampering. There would also be no lack of bragging in front of the other servants to make themselves seem different. Only Xiao Hua acted as if nothing happened, and didn't reveal anything.

Eunuch Fu glanced at Xiao Hua who stood there as a well behaved pillar, and then glanced at the Jing Prince behind the desk whose face was calm and unperturbed. His heart was filled with roaring waves.