Untitled Part 163

At the same time, within the Chenxi Palace.

Xiao Hua finally revealed her first sincere smile since the eldest princess had fallen into the water. This sort of smile came from her innermost being, and seemed as though she had been relieved from a burden.

Don't call her malicious. Under such circumstances, those who struck first had the initiative. She couldn't just continue passively taking a beating.

"Concubine, did the empress really end up this way?"

Xiao Hua leaned on the couch and lazily grunted in affirmation.

"To think she got tuberculosis just from being frustrated and angered. This tuberculosis truly isn't simple!"

Xiao Hua couldn't help but laugh. She sat up and unhappily tapped her forehead, "Enough, it's not as mysterious as you're making it out to be."

"But, but.....Chun Cao feels it seems to be the case...."

Xiao Hua smiled and explained, "This seat has sent a letter to Doctor Hu asking about it. The empress already had the roots of the illness within her, but it hadn't developed into something as serious as tuberculosis yet. This was why I'd go stress her out during my free time."

"But wasn't it a little too effective?"

Ding Xiang smiled and pushed Chun Cao away, not letting her bother the concubine with her astonishment, "Alright, hurry up and get back to work. My ears are almost hurting from your fussing."

"This servant just feels it was too mysterious...."

Xiao Hua only smiled and didn't explain.

It definitely wasn't that simple. For it to work required tailoring her actions based on the person's personality and illness. The empress had always been someone whose emotions fluctuated wildly and overthought things. There had already been hints of it back in the Jing Province. Doctor Hu had warned her previously, but unfortunately she never listened to him.

After getting to the capital, the empress went through great joys then great sorrow. After repeated stimulation, she had long since been an arrow at the end of its flight. She still forced herself to display her dignity as the empress and still thought about so many things without properly adjusting her health. The final straw had broken the camel's back.

Actually Xiao Ha hadn't expected to see results so soon. She had been prepared for a war of attrition.

Suddenly the sound of the little puppy's barking rang out, following which Yi Yi ran over like a gust of wind.

"Mother concubine, mother concubine...."

"What is it, my eldest princess Yi Yi." Xiao Hua smiled as she caught her daughter who flew directly into her arms. She checked to see if her forehead was covered in sweat.

Seeing that there was sweat, she called Chun Cao to bring over a handkerchief and helped her wipe it off.

"Whitey is too bad. It bit my dress."

Xiao Hua looked at Whitey who was by her daughter's feet. Whitey seemed to know that this was the biggest mistress, even bigger than the little mistress. The dog's mouth let out panting sounds as its tail wagged energetically. The dog seemed to have a fawning expression.

"Then how about mother concubine punishes Whitey by not giving it food tonight?"

Yi Yi thought about it and looked at the pitiful Whitey next to her feet. "Forget it, Whitey is still so young. It would starve if it missed a meal."

"Eldest princess, little dogs like to chew things because they need to grind their teeth."

"Really, Auntie Ding Xiang?"