Untitled Part 178

Auntie Qi couldn't help but tear up when she saw the two people standing there holding hands.

She glanced at the person next to her and saw his old face was also stretched tight.

She knew him too well. Just by looking at this expression, she knew his emotions were surging inside.

That's right. They had personally witnessed the empress and his majesty reach this point step by step. No one knew better than them how much the two had experienced during this time.

They had learned to worry at some point.....

When that person was a little child, they worried about whether he could live to grow up. Once he grew up, they worried about his marriage and his offspring, and worried about his happiness. But things were unpredictable, and after many twists and turns over the years, their master had her, had children, had love and everything seemed to be perfect all of a sudden.

Auntie Qi felt a little empty inside and secretly left the Fengqi Palace gates.

The palace roads were empty. Today was the grand conferral ceremony, and those unrelated didn't dare wander about randomly. Her tears suddenly started flowing.....

After so many years, she wanted to have a good cry for the first time.

Auntie Qi didn't know how long she cried for. When she gradually stopped, a voice sounded by her side.

"What are you crying for? Shouldn't you be happy?" Although he said this, she could hear his own voice was also choked up.

This old fellow is always putting on an act!

Auntie Qi wiped her eyes and looked at the person next to her.

A pale face, an upright nose, and tender skin yet with plenty of fine wrinkles....

Old?

That's right, they were both old.

Auntie Qi subconsciously felt around her own eyes. There were also wrinkles there. Suddenly, she felt a feeling of resentment arise in her heart.

She let out a hmph, turned her head and walked away.

Eunuch Fu let out a surprised sound and chased after her.

"What? Why are you angry again?"

Auntie Qi walked faster and faster. After reaching the gates of the esteemed office of the palace, she turned around and said: "Let me calm down." Then, she went inside.

Eunuch Fu was left by himself. He stroked his nose and stood for a while before leaving.

.......

General Manager Fu and Esteemed Official Qi had gotten into an argument.

This news reached Xiao Hua's ears.

Not only was she surprised, many people within the palace were extremely surprised as well. Especially those old fellows. Everyone knew that Eunuch Fu and Esteemed Official Qi's relationship went back many years. How did they end up arguing?

Xiao Hua asked Chun Cao out of curiosity. Chun Cao was the most well-informed within the Fengqi Palace, but unexpectedly she didn't know the reason either.

Even Yi Yi could tell Eunuch Fu didn't look quite right, and ran over to find Xiao Hua.

"Mother empress, Fu Fu had a bitter expression the entire day. Did father give him some bones to eat?"

This little thing, ever since she heard the palace maids saying "giving bones to eat" and what not, she learned to use this saying. Of course, she also understood what it meant: to scold or make someone unhappy.