Untitled Part 32

Four palace maids were kicked out in a row, making Eunuch Fu's mood indescribably bad.

He had tried to knock some sense into them on several occasions, but it was in vain. His highness's aura was too much for these palace maids who had just entered the estate. They weren't like those who served the prince year round. Even those who were used to serving his highness would unavoidably make some occasional mistakes. Normally if it was harmless, his highness would disregard it.

Yet for some reason when it came to the low-ranked palace maids he arranged, a little mistake ended up getting them kicked out. It wasn't like he could accuse the prince of being intolerant. He could only keep his depression to himself, narrowly avoiding spitting out a mouthful of his old blood in frustration.

Sensing that the remaining two before his eyes were also in imminent danger, Eunuch Fu felt like his heart couldn't take it anymore. He needed to go find his "old buddies" for a chat. After going around, it turned out they were all busy with their work so he could only go find his old comrade Auntie Qi.

Eunuch Fu who was normally full of style in front of the low-ranked palace maids and low-ranked eunuchs now walked with his head lowered dispiritedly, his face collapsed as though his parents had passed away.

Auntie Qi saw his appearance and couldn't resist covering her mouth, laughing a little and saying: "Isn't this appearance a little exaggerated?"

Auntie Qi and Eunuch Fu had both served the Jing Prince's mother the Venerated Concubine and watched the Jing Prince grow up. They also moved together with him to the vassal state and could be counted as veterans amongst his servants. The two worked together for a few decades and their relationship was extremely good. Therefore they didn't have to care about their appearance in front of each other. Auntie Qi was naturally not surprised when seeing a side of Eunuch Fu that he wouldn't reveal in front of others.

Hearing Auntie Qi's teasing, Eunuch Fu nodded his head and spoke with a great deal of emphasis.

"It's not exaggerated at all!"

Auntie Qi normally seemed as though she was imitating the Jing Prince's apathetic expression, but at this moment her expression was lively, laughingly saying: "Enough, enough. You're already old enough to be a grandpa. Is there a need to throw a child's tantrum?"

This "grandpa's age" was calculated based on the year and month Eunuch Fu entered the imperial palace. If he had remained in the palace, and continued doing well for himself, there would have been many low-ranked eunuchs calling him Grandpa Fu. The few low-ranked eunuchs in the Hall of Splendor also addressed him in this manner.

Eunuch Fu coughed a couple of times before resuming his normal expression, but it wasn't long before he once again sighed and collapsed his waist.

"It's getting harder and harder for me to accurately perceive master's personality. Every time, it's always right as I feel blessed by the heavens when he puts on such an episode. Six low-ranked palace maids –" Eunuch Fu wrote out a six in midair, his face as though he was mourning, "This year I even specially added an extra two, and now he's already kicked out four of them."

Regarding this situation, Auntie Qi's head also hurt quite a bit.

Based on past 'experience', if all six were kicked out then Eunuch Fu would not be able to replace them for at least half a year.

Even if he brought it up the prince would not agree to it.

This would waste over half a year again.

If things dragged on, the prince would already be twenty-six. Which prince didn't marry early and hold a child the very next year? Some had hard working wives and concubines and could be holding several in a year. Only the Jing Prince had no results up until now.