Untitled Part 116

On his way out of the Fengqi Palace, the crown prince appeared calm but he was still restless in his heart.

As he walked by the imperial gardens, there were two low-ranked eunuchs talking in quiet voices.

"The Jin Prince asked his majesty to evaluate his martial skills at the martial training grounds."

"It's said the Jin Prince's martial skills are extremely good. His majesty had personally taught him to ride and shoot back then."

"I really want to go and see the Jin Prince's splendor."

"You should forget about it. Just look after the plants here honestly."

The crown prince's expression darkened on the spot. Chen Qi saw things weren't looking good and immediately dispersed the two low-ranked eunuchs.

"Highness."

"Let's go. Let's go to the martial training grounds. This humble one shall see how impressive my royal brother's martial skills are."

The moment he entered the grounds, he heard a wave of cheers.

Emperor Xi sat in the stands, below which was a large field. The Jin Prince wore a sapphire blue training outfit embroidered with golden threads, looking dazzling under the sunlight. He rode a fine black steed that galloped and leaped on the field. The Jin Prince seemed as if he were on flat ground as he pulled his bow. In the blink of an eye, several arrows appeared on the target.

"Great!"

Emperor Xi stood up and exclaimed loudly in praise.

The imperial guards all agreed in succession, and the crowd cheered along.

"The crown prince came as well?"

The crown prince hurriedly walked up and saluted. Emperor Xi bid him to rise and said: "Crown prince, come look at your royal brother's splendor."

The crown prince walked to Emperor Xi's side and looked to the field from the stands. He had a genteel smile on his face, but his hands were clenched under his sleeves.

The Jin Prince finished shooting the arrows in his quiver and urged his horse towards the stage.

"Royal father, your son's horsemanship and archery skills haven't declined, right?!"

Emperor Xi sighed with praise, "Haven't declined at all, very good, very good."

The Jin Prince looked heroic to begin with, and his current unrestrained smile made him look even more imposing.

In comparison, the crown prince on the stage looked to be less outstanding once again.

The crown prince's martial skills weren't bad, but he wasn't good at archery. Emperor Xi had compared him to the Jin Prince when they were young countless times. His huge change in mood was also due to the two low ranked eunuchs' discussion earlier. Seeing the Jin Prince stand out so much after he arrived, the crown prince couldn't help but grit his teeth.

There weren't many fools serving at the emperor's side. Comparing the two, they naturally knew that the crown prince was at a disadvantage.

"Then your son can be at ease. Your son trained diligently in his vassal state, deeply afraid of disappointing royal father." The Jin Prince finished speaking, and looked at the crown prince, "Does royal brother want to come try? Royal father's mood is unusually good today. How about us two brothers put on a show for his enjoyment?"

These words essentially put the crown prince over a roasting fire. The crown prince was still aware of his own shortcomings if he were to go. But if he didn't, how would his royal father view him?