Untitled Part 144

Xiao Hua's plans didn't work out in the end. This was because she didn't get a break the entire night.

It wasn't clear if that person had been starved for too long or what, but he tossed her around like a wild bull the entire night. Whenever she tried to ask him something, he would use his mouth to block hers. In the end she couldn't hold out any longer and fell asleep. When she awoke, he was already gone.

Ding Xiang was the one who told her the Jing Prince had left. He had left around midnight. Before he had left, he told Ding Xiang that there was a lot to do back at the estate, probably intending for her to pass on the message to Xiao Hua.

Xiao Hua's expression was ugly enough. She sat on the bed and pulled angrily at her blankets.

To think that she had waited so long for him to come give her an explanation. To think that she had let him in the door, and even let him fumble his way into bed in the end. How great of him, wiping his mouth clean after having eaten, and running off without a word.

Xiao Hua felt that she had lost out big time. She also had a weird feeling of "how did this person become this way, is this still his highness the Jing Prince?"

In the courtyard, the two children were asking Chun Cao "Why isn't mom awake yet?"

Chun Cao foolishly replied "madam is tired." The two curious children asked follow up questions such as "why is mom tired?" and "did she get tired from cooking?"

Xiao Hua clearly heard them while sitting in bed and was a little speechless at Chun Cao's foolishness while also dying of embarrassment.

Ding Xiang saw madam's obviously embarrassed expression and said "water is prepared in the bathroom" before running off.

Xiao Hua put her clothes on after taking a bath and went to the courtyard.

Zhuo'er and Yi Yi had already been dragged off to play with their little playmates. Ding Xiang and Chun Cao, who were in the courtyard pretending to be busy, kept sneaking glances at her expression. Xiao Hua felt indescribably awkward in her heart and put on a show of going to chat with Auntie Ma next door.

Who would have thought that her situation didn't improve at Auntie Ma's place? Last night's events had been seen by quite a few people in the alley. They had all discussed in private how Miss Tao wasn't a widow at all. She clearly had a man.

"Really now. You clearly have a man but you insist on calling yourself a widow. What happened? Had a falling out with him and ran off?"

Cui Zhi grabbed a small stool and let Xiao Hua sit down on the side. She was peeling pea pods. Zhuo'er and Yi Yi were playing in their courtyard with little Hairball.

Xiao Hua's expression turned rigid.

Cui Zhi understood, "Pretty big falling out? Your temper seems so good, I really didn't expect you to have such a side. You actually took the children and moved out with your relatives!"

Cui Zhi's understanding was based on what Xiao Hua's group had told them. One older sister, one younger sister, no elderly since there were no old folk in their family, and two children. Now the man had come looking, and the natural explanation was that he came running back after their falling out. They must have purposefully moved so it wasn't easy for him to find.

Xiao Hua stammered: "......he's often gone for business....."

"Have you guys made up?" Cui Zhi smiled and said: "I heard your man is very handsome."

Xiao Hua chuckled awkwardly, "Ok, I guess."

"Really now. How can you call yourself a widow after just a falling out? Now that he's found his way over, are you going back with him?"