Untitled Part 28

The Changchun Pavilion was where the Jing Consort lived. It was the most gorgeous of the three eastern pavilions, and the richly ornamented and magnificent buildings were naturally extraordinary.

Because they had known the Jing Prince would be coming today, the Changchun Pavilion had been swept all over, and all the decorations had to be rearranged. Although it didn't look much different from the past, a good amount of effort had been spent.

Every ten days the Jing Prince would come to the pavilion to visit his consort. The time was not fixed but he would definitely come. This was a practice that everyone in the estate was familiar with. Therefore, every time the palace maids in the pavilion would be especially excited.

The Jing Consort had also dressed herself up early and waited inside the building.

She seemed to be over twenty years old, and was dignified and beautiful. Today she wore a pale rose robe, making her look several fold more moving. At this time she sat a little restlessly inside the living room, every now and then ordering the palace maids to go outside and see if the prince had come yet.

Beside her stood an old lady in a caramel colored skirt with her hair in a bun, her round face giving off the air of a wet nurse. She opened her mouth and said: "Two low-ranked palace maids have been arranged at the gates. The moment they see his highness they will come to report. Consort, your illness has just faded and you cannot sit for too long. Would you like to lie down on the consort's couch for a bit?"

This old lady was surnamed Li, and everyone called her Nana Li since she was the Jing Consort's wet nurse. When the consort was married off, she had accompanied her over. She had a lot of credibility in front of the consort, and could be said to be her most trusted person.

The Jing Consort gripped her handkerchief tightly and shook her head, "Nana, let's forget it in case I end up having to run back and forth." The Jing Consort had made herself up beautifully today, but one could still see a hint of illness on her face, the reddish glow a result of rouge not health.

Nana Li did not say anything in response, but merely sighed in her heart.

After a while, someone dressed in low palace maid attire reported outside the door, "His highness is walking in this direction."

The two people walked outside the living room and stood waiting at the door.

Only when she saw the purple robed silhouette walk into the gate did the Jing Consort let out a happy smile.

The Jing Prince wore a purple robe embroidered with dark clouds. His figure was tall and handsome, his hair bound by a purple gold embedded jade crown. His skin was white as though a jade statue and his high nose matched his thin lips, above which where a pair of phoenix eyes that were apathetic to the point of being emotionless.

The Jing Consort's face reddened slightly, and seeing the Jing Prince approach she hurriedly performed a curtsey.

"Greetings to your highness."

A jade-like white hand was slightly raised while the Jing Prince's eyes didn't even spare his consort a glance, minding his own business as he passed by and entered the living room.

The Jing Consort followed behind, a smile on her face as she ordered the palace maids to serve tea and refreshments.

After finishing her tasks, she sat down in the chair beside the Jing Prince.

She looked his figure up and down, and seeing him not even give her a glance, forcefully maintained her smile as she asked Eunuch Fu a few perfunctory questions. Questions with no substance such as "is his highness doing well?", "has he been enjoying his meals?", "has he been very busy?".