Untitled Part 157

By the time Xiao Hua rushed over, the Jing Emperor was already there. Yi Yi had also been rescued from the water.

The child was completely soaked and coughing non-stop, spitting out water. Zhuo'er stood on the side and repeatedly called out "little sis", his little face turning red from worry.

"Yi Yi.....majesty...."

"Concubine, the eldest princess is fine. She was rescued the moment she fell into the water....."

Xiao Hua immediately let out a breath, and went over to her daughter who was in the Jing Emperor's arms. She stroked her face and only then started crying.

The imperial physician arrived very quickly. After a careful examination, he said there weren't any major issues. She should take a hot bath after getting back, eat some lighter foods and drink a bowl of ginger soup. If she doesn't get a fever in the middle of the night, everything will be fine.

At some point, all the officials and outer titled women had been sent out. Only the palace maids and eunuchs who had been present at the time remained, as well as the empress and the concubines.

"Just what exactly happened?"

All the palace maids and eunuchs were on their knees. Eunuch Fu summarized things with a dark expression. Only then did Xiao Hua know how Yi Yi managed to fall into the water when she went over to the Jing Emperor's side.

It turns out that after she went over, she got bored of sitting there and pulled her brother along to play. The Jing Emperor saw that there were many servants following behind them and thus permitted it.

But Yi Yi was naughty, and seeing the moon's reflection in the water as well as the pretty ripples, her heart had stirred. Then seeing the countless lanterns in the water, she went over to the water's edge and asked the palace maids to grab a lantern for her.

There were around ten people who were waiting on the two children. Everything had been fine. Ding Xiang and the rest of the people with the children had been repeatedly warned to guard them carefully today, thus surrounded the two tightly.

But somehow, the eldest princess ended up falling into the water.

"Concubine, someone, someone pushed us."

Ding Lan was also completely soaked. When the eldest princess fell into the water, she was the first one who noticed and jumped in to lift her up. This was why Yi Yi wasn't hurt too badly, and only choked on some water. It was cold by the lake to begin with, and the wind was blowing. After they got out of the water, everyone had rushed to check on the eldest princess and completely forgot about Ding Lan on the side. At this moment, she was shivering from the cold.

Xiao Hua had someone bring Ding Lan some warm clothing. Ding Lan draped it over herself and continued speaking: "This servant was standing behind the eldest princess when someone suddenly pushed from behind. The eldest princess ended up getting bumped off. This servant saw things weren't good and jumped in after her."

"This servant was behind Auntie Ding Lan, and was pushed over by someone behind. " One of Yi Yi's palace maids called Yu Chuan said.

"This servant was also shoved...."

Once everyone finished speaking, Xiao Hua finally understood how Yi Yi ended up in the water.

This was the princess and crown prince's first time attending such a banquet. Xiao Hua had been afraid something would happen, and ordered everyone to keep an eye on them.

Her subordinates had done their best, but this was also their first time and they weren't experienced enough. The eldest princess wanted to go to the lakeside and they couldn't stop her. Therefore, they had surrounded her tightly, deeply afraid something would happen.