Untitled Part 88

Xiao Hua idly chatted with Nana He a little longer before saying farewell.

After leaving the small kitchen, she felt a little at a loss.

The people Eunuch Fu arranged, the situation she herself was pushed into, the situation in the rear court, her body's condition...all these things taken together made the meaning behind Eunuch Fu's actions quite obvious.....

There was a feeling of fear, and one of helplessness.

Does this sort of highness really need to be shared with others? Her instinctive reaction was an overwhelming flood of unwillingness.

"Madam, shall we go back?"

Xiao Hua nodded.

Before taking more than a few steps, An Chen came towards them.

An Chen's smile was very bright, but Xiao Hua saw that it was superficial. This was because she had seen An Chen's superficial smile toward others in the past. This low-ranked eunuch only smiled sincerely towards a select few people.

"Madam, his highness heard that you came and summons you to the hall."

Xiao Hua let out an "oh", and followed An Chen along with Ding Xiang.

An Chen was Eunuch Fu's disciple. The two of them were naturally on the same side, right? Based on An Chen's attitude she could see Eunuch Fu's current attitude towards her.

Was it because of her body's condition? Eunuch Fu couldn't wait any longer and thus arranged low-ranked palace maids into the Hall of Splendor.

She knew she shouldn't feel this way, but Xiao Hua couldn't help but feel betrayed.

At the same time, a voice in her head said that she had no justification to feel this way, since she herself was pushed forward by him.

***

The Hall of Splendor was still the same as before, yet entering once again it seemed like another world.

Especially since so many things had happened the moment she entered the rear court. Therefore, as Xiao Hua entered the hall and saw the Jing Prince sitting within as he did so long ago, she felt a feeling of unfamiliarity.

The man that she had become extremely close with over the past days was suddenly a stranger again.

"Greetings, highness."

After saluting, Xiao Hua stood there blankly with her head lowered.

The Jing Prince frowned and felt a little unsettled in his heart.

"Come."

Xiao Hua slowly approached and stood in front of him.

The Jing Prince pulled her over with one hand, and had her sit on the recliner next to him.

After she sat, he stroked the ends of her hair by her temples, and only spoke after a while, "What's wrong?"

Xiao Hua raised her eyes and saw the unperturbed gaze and seemingly emotionless man in front of her, and suddenly the feeling of closeness was back again.

She felt a little like laughing and also a little like crying. She ended up rubbing his finger and saying quietly: "Nothing much."

The ends of her hair were stroked once again. Xiao Hua's rubbing motion on his finger never stopped. As she rubbed, she ended up using her hand to grab his large hand and squeezed it tightly, as though she never wanted to let go.

A burst of footsteps sounded out. Xiao Hua turned her head to look.

Eunuch Fu was all smiles as he strode in, bringing with him a bright party of low-ranked palace maids.