Untitled Part 146

The capital was currently in chaos.

The Jin Prince had raised a rebel army and tried to seize the throne. The crown prince was killed during the confusion caused by the rebellion, and countless died within the palace. The Jin Prince failed and was surrounded in the end, but was shot and killed by an arrow. This was the version of events that outsiders knew about. But many of them had doubts over the truth of the matter.

How could the crown prince have gotten killed by the Jin Prince when he was under heavy guard? As for the Jin Prince, who had dared to loose an arrow without receiving orders, and even ended up killing him with that one arrow?

Things were overly fishy, but those who felt it was suspicious didn't dare bring it up. Those who would dare bring it up didn't feel anything was wrong. After all, things were too chaotic at the time. Therefore, even if some felt things weren't quite right, it was only speculation without proof.

All in all, the Jin Prince's behavior was a disgrace. He took advantage of Emperor Xi's unconsciousness and along with his brother the Qi Prince, gathered an army around the capital. Along with a secret alliance within the palace, he tried to seize the throne. The crown prince was also killed during this event. The root cause of this was blamed on the Jin Prince's ambition. If he didn't have this ambition, none of this would have happened.

Something worth rejoicing over was that Emperor Xi finally woke up during this revolt. Despite his weakened body, he tidied up the aftermath. This was finding fortune in the midst of misfortune.

At the very least, their nation wouldn't be jeopardized for the moment.

Emperor Xi lost two of his sons in one go, and even though his personality had changed drastically, he still wasn't able to bear it. He had clearly planned everything out, but didn't expect that the Jin Prince was pretending to do one thing on the surface while secretly doing something else. His movements with the Qi Prince were just a distraction. His real objective had been to seize the palace in one go.

Things had happened too suddenly, and before Emperor Xi could react both his sons had lost their lives.

The crown prince's death was supposedly at the hands of someone sent by the Jin Prince during the chaos. As for the Jin Prince? Emperor Xi had ordered his men to surround him, and his orders were to capture and not kill. But someone took advantage of the chaos to shoot an arrow and the Jin Prince died on the spot.

When Emperor Xi received the news, he had spat a mouthful of blood and fainted. When he next awoke, he received news that the crown prince had previously sent troops to block the Qi Prince, and during the chaos of battle the Qi prince lost an arm.

He was even more furious at Empress Xiao and Senior Concubine Xu. These two women had gone completely insane. One had lost her only son and the other lost one son while her other one was crippled. Empress Xiao threw her dignity out the window and went directly to Senior Concubine Xu's Chunluan palace. The two of them came to blows without exchanging a single word. The majestic empress and senior concubine actually fought like a couple of commoner shrews: hair pulling, face scratching, and kicking each other's stomachs. Nothing was off limits. Only after the utmost efforts of both their personal palace maids where they separated.

Emperor Xi no longer had the time to care about these things. In his anger, his illness flared up once again. He managed to endure until the mess was somewhat cleaned up before immediately falling ill.

The court affairs were left to the two ministers to manage. Empress Xiao was still in charge of the rear palace, but Emperor Xi had already proclaimed that the Jin Prince's rebellion was unrelated to Senior Concubine Xu. She was still the senior concubine.