Untitled Part 33

No one understood the Jing Prince's thoughts, but Xiao Hua Eunuch Fu's thoughts were more and more laughable.

Looking at the new set of clothes in her hand, along with Eunuch Fu's words of "you have to wear it tomorrow" when he gave it to them, Xiao Hua rubbed her brows in distress.

As of now, four out of the six palace maids had been told 'you guys leave' by the prince, leaving only her and Xiu Yun. The reactions of those who had to "leave" won't be mentioned for now, but as days passed Xiao Hua felt the pressure building up. She even had thoughts of purposefully messing up and getting thrown out.

But Eunuch Fu's temper hidden underneath his calm made her afraid to carry out such a plan. Since she knew he wanted them to remain, if she purposefully messed up Eunuch Fu would definitely be able to tell based on his years of experience inside the palace.

Xiao Hua didn't dare take this risk. She was just a low-ranked palace maid. If Eunuch Fu decided to have her dragged out and beaten to death, she could only accept it.

If you couldn't figure out the thoughts of those above, and they also happen to hold your life in their hands, you might as well work honestly without thinking of anything else and submit to the will of heaven.

Beside her, Xiu Yun still hadn't spoken. Who knew if she had similar thoughts?

However, Xiao Hua was more and more unable to see through Xiu Yun. She herself was only able to smoothly remain until now based on her two lifetime's worth of experience.

Whereas Xiu Yun was so calm and unflustered at fifteen years old. Apart from admiration, Xiao Hua was also bewildered. There was also the weird situation with Xiu Yun's "hometown" acquaintance, and her recent feeling that for some reason, Xiu Yun's behavior started to resemble her own more and more.

Therefore, Xiao Hua barely spoke with Xiu Yun nowadays. The two came and went together, but would spend the entire day without saying a word.

"This is really a case of similar people having different fates. Eunuch Fu treats the two of you so well, it really makes our eyes turn endlessly red."

This was Qiao Lian's voice. She always enjoyed mocking others. Seeing that Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun were immune to her previous mockery, she had switched her tone in the last few days but it was still extremely sarcastic.

Xiao Hua knew her intentions. Wasn't she just trying to turn the others against them?

She had ignored her words so often that now she had stopped taking them in at all. Therefore, Xiao Hua was indifferent, putting her new clothes into her cabinet. Xiu Yun also didn't make a sound, but merely lowered her head even more.

The other three didn't speak but their gazes towards the two were extremely complicated.

The next day, Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun put on their new clothes and went to work. They were right on time as the Jing Prince returned soon after.

Six minus four equaled two. Eunuch Fu had given all of their previous chores to Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun, so currently they were serving the Jing Prince his meal.

The Jing Prince lived a simple life, so simple that Xiao Hua felt this wasn't someone with a prince's status. Even the Jinyang Marquis Estate's young master had more dishes during his meal.

The prince had only five simple dishes, though there were both meat and vegetables which were well matched. The appearance was delicate and the taste should be quite delicious. They weren't even really needed to serve during the meal. He held his own bowl and ate by himself. At most they helped pour the soup for him.

Xiao Hua saw the prince's tranquil eyes turn towards the eight-treasures soup1, and immediately grabbed the empty bowl and presented it with her head half lowered to the prince.