Untitled Part 61

After lunch, Xiao Hua walked around her room to digest a little, and went to curl up on the warm kiln.

If it wasn't time to sleep, she would rarely go into the bedroom.

Snow was falling heavily at this time, the skies were cold and the ground was frozen. Since no one would come visit her, Xiao Hua felt that it was very comfortable curling up on the kiln and watching the snow outside, sleeping a little if she felt sleepy.

Xiao Hua usually wouldn't force herself to think about problems she couldn't solve. She just had to quietly observe any changes. She had only been in the rear court for a brief period of time. Things would slowly become clear.

Only by thinking this way would that suffocating feeling of urgency fade a little.

She unintentionally saw the book that the Jing Prince was reading last night on the kiln. Xiao Hua picked it up and flipped through it a little.

Looking at the cover, she realized it was a travel log.

The Jing Prince felt like a rigorous person, and this sort of light reading for leisure didn't seem to be the type of book he would read. However, this was precisely what he had been reading.

Xiao Hua was a little stunned and felt that the book in her hands didn't match that person's appearance. Since she was bored and idle, she also started reading it.

The more she read the more she got drawn in. Before she knew it, half an hour had gone by.

Chun Cao, whom she hadn't seen in several days, came in and switched out Xiao Hua's tea.

"Hey, Chun Cao. What have you been busy with these past few days? It feels like you haven't been around."

Chun Cao gave Xiao Hua a slightly aggrieved look, saw Ding Xiang who had been standing constantly by the side, and hurriedly half lowered her head.

"This servant has been busy organizing madam's allowance the last couple days."

Xiao Hua let out an 'oh', took a sip of her tea and buried her head back into the travel log.

Chun Cao walked slowly out of the western room.

According to reason, she had served Madam Hua the longest. When Madam Hua was still a low-ranked palace maid, she was also a low-ranked palace maid, and it was even because of Madam Hua that she was able to be relocated to the Hall of Splendor.

Since Madam Hua had ascended to the sky, she expected herself to also rise with the tide. However, when she got to the western pavilion she realized Madam Hua's personal palace maids had already been arranged, and she had become unnecessary.

Everyone had their own place. There was a quota for two personal palace maids. It was only because she had come along from the Hall of Splendor with Madam Hua that the high-ranked palace maid Ding Xiang had arranged her to serve inside the house.

Her happy heart was suddenly doused by someone with a bucket of cold water. Even though Chun Cao knew that her age was insufficient to become a high-ranked palace maid, she still inexplicably felt some grievance in her heart at this arrangement.

That Ding Xiang managed her and six other palace maids, and was very strict. In front of the madam she was respectful and deferential, but in front of them she was as strict as can be. Although she didn't beat or curse at them, she was still strict enough to make others feel fear.

Ding Xiang had arranged her to work outside with the other low-ranked palace maids. Although she told the madam that she would be arranged to serve inside the house, she actually never allowed her to enter.