Untitled Part 164

Before long, Grandma Wang was brought over.

Along the way, her face was still full of confusion. Since when did she have a nephew?

That simple-looking fellow charged over the moment he saw Grandma Wang. He grabbed her hands, "Old aunt! Ah've missed you to death."

"You are—–"

"It's Da Tian, aunt....."

This fellow loudly proclaimed their relationship while the two gatekeepers impatiently went around the corner to divide up the silver.

"You are Granny Wang right? Our mistress had me come take you out of here." The fellow quickly said in a quiet voice to Grandma Wang.

Grandma Wang was wise and experienced, and quickly caught on. She replied in an equally low voice: "Your mistress is?"

"She had me pass on a message: do you still remember the little Xiao Hua from back then?"

"It's her—–"

"Granny, we don't have time to say too much. Someone probably came to you a few days ago. My mistress is afraid that you might be in danger, and had me come take you away."

"Do you think I can leave in this situation?"

The two gatekeepers seemed to have trouble coming to an agreement and started arguing in the corner. It was possible to hear the commotion.

That fellow smiled brightly, "Since they are greedy, I'll just stuff them some more silver. It shouldn't be a problem. If it still doesn't work, I'll snatch you away."

Grandma Wang however had more thoughts about it. "Can you tell me what the danger is?"

That fellow glanced at the corner and quickly said: "It's hard to describe in a short amount of time. Basically Tian-Shi is trying to use some smoke and mirrors to blackmail my mistress. Because you were close with her, mistress is afraid you'd be implicated....."

At this moment, a voice suddenly rang out from inside.

"Where is Grandma Wang?"

"This—-someone came to find her. It's her nephew."

That voice sounded a little frustrated, "Then what are you guys doing here?"

"We—–"

The sound of footsteps rang out.

"I've fooled Tian-Shi by acting muddled in my old age. I'm in the small kitchen, people bringing firewood are able to meet with me."

That fellow froze, and then urged in a muffled voice: ".....old aunt, come home. Mah dad is still waiting for you."

"You're so impetuous, child. Wait for your old aunt to go and pack...."

"Grandma Wang, what are you packing for?" Manager Qian walked out, asking with narrowed eyes.

Grandma Wang opened her vacant old eyes wide and said beaming: "Packing my clothes. My eldest nephew is here to buy my freedom and take me back home."

"Who said you could be redeemed?"

"Manager, how can you say that? Ah've given ten taels of silver. How can you stop mah aunt from returning with me?"

"Who accepted your silver? I didn't see any of it!"

"That person accepted the silver. Handed it over just now, ten taels." That fellow pointed with his rough finger at the gatekeeper who snatched his silver.

That gatekeeper gave the fellow a glare, and awkwardly smiled at Manager Qian, "Manager, this was a little incentive he gave to see the person....."

That fellow immediately disagreed, yelling loudly: "Why do you city folk spout so much crap. Ah've said that ah've come to buy aunt's freedom. Since you've taken the money, doesn't that mean you've agreed?"