Untitled Part 112

The two children's names were decided: Luo Zhuo and Luo Yi.

The names of the royal family were all hard to pronounce. They were chosen for their meanings, and not for the ease of saying it out loud. Therefore, Xiao Hua had to rack her brains to come up with a nickname for her son and daughter.

The Jing Prince promised to let her decide the nicknames. She put a lot of effort into it, and also put the people around her to use.

Matron Xu suggested choosing a lowly name. A saying amongst commoners was that those with lowly names were easily raised. Examples given were metal, egg, dog, leftovers, and little grass and so on. After she saw everyone's astonished gazes, she didn't dare continue speaking.

Nana He took the lead in disagreeing. After all, this was the little master and mistress of the prince's estate. If they had lowly names they would be laughed at.

In the end Xiao Hua figured it out. Her daughter's name had the "Yi" sound, so she would be called "Yi Yi". As for her son, Xiao Hua really couldn't think of anything so she went with Zhuo'er.

The two babies were truly small. They were almost a month old but hadn't grown much. After being raised for so long, they had only grown a little bigger from when they were first born. They did get quite a bit fatter, and were no longer as wrinkly. They also turned fair and lustrous, like two porcelain dolls.

Zhuo'er and Yi Yi were well behaved. They didn't cry or make a fuss. When they occasionally woke up, they would just stare at you with wide eyes. Nana He said that babies weren't able to see clearly at stage, but when they looked at you with their dark jade eyes one would inevitably feel sympathy and want to hold them tightly.

The few wet nurses all cherished these two babies to death. Even if no one was keeping an eye on them, they would still carefully take good care of them. Even if Eunuch Fu didn't order it, they would come to the eastern wing when they were idle. They could just stand there and watch for a long time.

A month passed by in the blink of an eye.

The full month alcohol ceremony wasn't officially held for the two, and they merely celebrated a little in the western pavilion.

The Jing Prince didn't explain why they didn't hold the ceremony and the others didn't mention it. Eunuch Fu and Xiao Hua also didn't say anything.

Once the puerperium was over, Xiao Hua seemed to have come alive. The days where she couldn't take a bath was too hard to endure. Towards the end, Xiao Hua often refused to let the Jing Prince into the room since her body didn't smell very good.

Xiao Hua moved back into the main residence. Yi Yi and Zhuo'er, along with the few wet nurses, moved into the western wing. Eunuch Fu had long since decorated the place in a suitable manner for the babies. He was very meticulous about it, and had even switched out the windows and doors. Now when the windows were opened, the place would be ventilated without any cold air blowing inside.

After dinner, Xiao Hua had Ding Xiang prepare a bath. Having not bathed for a month, Xiao Hua was quite willing to take several baths. After she was done, she saw the Jing Prince already lying in bed.

Xiao Hua was aware how long the dry spell had been for the Jing Prince. In the last few months, the two hadn't done anything, not even using alternate methods to give him some release.

Xiao Hua felt her own stomach and was a little lacking in self-confidence.

During her puerperium, she wasn't only feeding her children. Nana He had used quite a few methods to try and help her figure get back to normal. As of today, she had recovered quite a bit, and her stomach was no longer as saggy as it was after giving birth. Although it had become tighter and more delicate, it definitely couldn't be compared to how it was before her pregnancy.