Untitled Part 66

The next morning, the Jing Prince got up much later than usual.

Xiao Hua was used to getting up early by now since she had to pay respects to the Jing Consort every morning.

She opened her eyes and realized the person next to her hadn't gotten up yet. She snuck a glance and happened to meet his eyes. Xiao Hua blushed and quietly shrunk into the blankets, burying her face in it.

Last night couldn't be said to be smooth, but it was already better than before by a lot. This Jing Prince seemed clumsy enough in bed, but had actually started learning a few small moves from her. During their second round, Xiao Hua had felt a lot better. Although it wasn't huge progress, it at least signified some lessons learned.

Perhaps because the feeling in her heart was different, but although it wasn't their first time doing it Xiao Hua inexplicably felt extremely embarrassed at the moment.

The Jing Prince sat up and Xiao Hua also didn't dare delay, pulling on some clothes before helping him put his on. From start to finish, she didn't dare raise her head, deeply afraid to see anger in his eyes.

The Jing Prince didn't stay for breakfast. Before he left, he stroked Xiao Hua's hair that was hanging in front of her chest.

Xiao Hua blanked out. What was this supposed to mean?

The Jing Prince walked from the western pavilion gates towards the martial training grounds.

Ever since he started learning martial arts, he would practice for an hour every day, and had done so for the past four years. However, today he was late.

After taking only a few steps, the Jing Prince and Eunuch Fu happened to encounter Eunuch Chang, who had ran the whole way over.

Eunuch Chang spoke a few words by the Jing Prince's ear. The Jing Prince who had intended to go to the martial training grounds immediately changed directions and headed to the front court.

Someone was waiting for the Jing Prince as he entered one of the inner rooms in the Hall of Deliberation.

Seeing the Jing Prince, that person revealed a happy expression as he knelt to the floor with a thud.

This inner room was a secret area not even Eunuch Fu could enter. The Jing Prince walked forward in a rare display and lightly helped the kneeling person up.

Eunuch Su was nearing forty in age. He was thick and sturdy, large and wide. If one didn't know he was a eunuch, no one would be able to tell from his appearance. He had served by the prince's side when the prince was only ten years old. Although it wasn't as long as Eunuch Fu, it was also quite a long time. That year he had followed the Jing Prince to the Jing Province. It was just that he rarely appeared in the estate.

The reason was none other than his heavy responsibilities that kept him busy.

In his past life after Luo Jing came to the Jing Province, his barren vassal state's taxes couldn't even cover his expenditures. Those responsible for allocating his official allowance would delay repeatedly, causing his Jing Prince Estate to fall into the awkward situation of not even having enough for its daily expenditure.

At that time he had endured.

In this life, he endured on the surface but secretly had his trusted aide undertake all sorts of profitable ventures within the Jing Province's borders. The money from these ventures were used to supplement the estate's expenditures, but part of it was also saved for the future to make certain affairs easier to handle.

After all, changing one's destiny couldn't be done without money.

Eunuch Su was precisely that trusted aide. Not only did he handle the Jing Prince's personal ventures, he also handled the secret gathering of intelligence. Although he was a eunuch, he was tall and sturdy. After putting on a fake mustache, his identity as a castrate would not be revealed.