Untitled Part 184

The next day, Yang Nuo went to the palace and told Yi Yi about the situation.

"Really, big bro Nuo Nuo? Heng Heng really said that?"

Yang Nuo nodded, his lips curled in an elegant smile.

They were in a small bamboo forest near the eastern palace. It was a small grassy field filled with young bamboo trees. This was Yang Nuo and Yi Yi's secret little hideout. The two of them had come often in the past.

Ever since the two of them realized they were interested in each other, they had often come here on dates. Actually they weren't really dates since Yi Yi hadn't quite figured it out yet. She only felt that she enjoyed hanging out with big bro Nuo Nuo alone to chat. As for what Yang Nuo the two-faced fellow thought, it was hard to say.

Yi Yi let out a breath and revealed a sweet and beautiful smile, "That's good then. To think I was worried for so long."

Yi Yi's voice was the soft and coy kind. When her mood was good, it would sound like she was acting coquettish. Every time it would make the listener's heart grow soft as can be.

"No more worries?"

Yang Nuo leaned his face over to her cheek and rubbed her little face with his nose.

"Big bro Nuo Nuo."

Yi Yi blinked her large eyes, her face blushing. She wanted to move away but also felt it would be too obvious. In the end, she still couldn't endure Yang Nuo's fixed gaze and lowered her head shyly.

"Silly lass." Yang Nuo laughed lightly and softly kissed the top of her head. "I have to make a trip back to the Yun Province in a few days. We might not be able to see each other for a long time."

Yi Yi grabbed his hand in a panic, and gently creased her brows, "Why?"

He pinched her nose, "It's time for me to take the exam. I naturally have to return to my hometown to register."

Yi YI's brows furrowed even tighter, and she pouted her lips. "Then how long will you be gone? Will I not be able to see you for a long time?"

"Not too long. Once I pass the county-level exam, I will be able to return to the capital for the city exam and finally the court exam. We can meet again at that time."

Yang Nuo's voice was filled with confidence. Actually, he could have already passed the county exam when he was ten years old. However, his instructors told him that he hadn't accumulated enough experience due to his youth, and although he could pass, he wouldn't be able to score high, and wouldn't be able to do well in the city exam after that.

He waited six years and accumulated experience for six years. Now, he wanted to fulfill his wishes.

Yi Yi also knew that this was important to him, and thus didn't bother him despite the endless reluctance in her heart. She merely said with teary eyes and pouted lips: "Then big bro Nuo Nuo has to come see me once you're back."

"En, wait for me to marry you when I'm back!"

.........

While the Yang family prepared for Yang Nuo's trip back home, the Jing Emperor also gave the crown prince an assignment.

The Yellow River had overflowed its banks for two years in a row. The Jing Emperor assigned Luo Zhuo to bring people along to investigate.

Luo Zhuo was sixteen, and had been brought along by the Jing Emperor to listen to politics since he was twelve. In the past few years, Luo Zhuo had gotten better and better and handling government affairs, but it was all limited to paper. He had never experienced dealing with the suffering of the people and working with regional officials.