Untitled Part 114

The crown prince listened in on Emperor Xi holding court ever since he came of age. He had listened for several decades, yet was still limited to only listening.

Having sat in the crown prince position for so long, he inevitably wanted to advance a step. Currently, that step seemed to be within reach. Even though the crown prince was trained not to reveal any emotions whether in joy or anger, he couldn't help but reveal a few hints of happiness recently. Especially since the news from the court had only been positive, so his joy was even more apparent.

Within the imperial study, Emperor Xi sat behind the desk after holding court and cried "great" several times. It wasn't clear if he was praising the news he just obtained in court regarding major victories in the west, or if he was praising something else.

Zheng Hai Quan's head sank lower and lower. He had served Emperor Xi for several decades, and no one understood his majesty's thoughts better than him.

There wasn't anything "great". Furious was more like. The crown prince was the same way, his emotions were too obvious. But Zheng Hai Quan knew things couldn't be blamed on the crown prince. He was a little unjustly blamed.

It was like the saying goes: If I think you're suspicious, everything you do becomes suspicious.

As for who was suspicious and who wasn't, he was just a eunuch and it was better to observe without commenting.

"Zheng Hai Quan. We haven't gone to the Chunluan Palace in a while. Let's go see the senior concubine."

"Yes."

At the Chunluan Palace.

Senior Concubine Xu laughed and spoke in all the right places, flattering skillfully. Zheng Hai Quan repeatedly praised her in his mind. No wonder the senior concubine could be favored for several decades. Just her skills in improving his majesty's mood meant she couldn't be underestimated.

"It's the Mid-Autumn Festival soon." Emperor Xi suddenly said emotionally.

People reunite under the full moon.

Senior Concubine Xu didn't speak, and cuddled up to Emperor Xi: "That's right."

"Senior concubine definitely misses Jin'er."

Senior Concubine Xu's expression turned rigid and she said angrily: "Your majesty seems to enjoy poking at one's sore spot, clearly knowing what this servant wants yet still saying it out loud."

"Don't you want him to come to the capital to visit you?"

"Of course." Senior Concubine Xu's eyes sparkled, giving off a considerate yet pitiful appearance, "But this servant still knows propriety. Recently this servant already forgot herself once, making things difficult for your majesty. It's not appropriate to become prideful due to favor."

These words made Emperor Xi feel quite at ease, "Alright, don't put on such an aggrieved appearance. We will summon Jin'er to the capital for the festival."

"Thank you majesty for your grace."

After Emperor Xi left, Senior Concubine Xu was still a little dazed. What she wanted was delivered to her door without having to beg and cry for it? Wonderful! Wonderful!

———–

Zhuo'er and Yi Yi were already over four months old. Their bodies grew, but they still remained tiny, pocket-sized babies.

After they grew a little, it was possible to see who resembled whom. Zhuo'er had a pair of phoenix eyes, a high nose-bridge, and looked like a miniature Jing Prince. Yi Yi looked like Xiao Hua with her pair of peach blossom eyes and sharp chin.