Untitled Part 9

The 4th young master returned at dusk and heard the story of Bi Yuan getting hit over the soup he had given her.

Qiao-Shi definitely couldn't tell Bi Yuan that she was making an example out of her for cavorting with her husband in broad daylight. The soup she "personally" made was just an excuse.

Of course, this excuse would only fool those who weren't familiar with the situation. The event with the bowl of soup happened several days ago. No one in the Jinxiu Pavilion wasn't aware of the real reason Bi Yuan was hit.

Bi Yuan's eyes were red from crying, and upon seeing the young master return cried even more plaintively, as though her mom had passed away.

The few maids on the side all spoke up at once to tell the young master what had happened as if they were the main character in this situation. They also freely embellished a few details, making Qiao-Shi out to be very vicious and vengeful.

They couldn't really be blamed for provoking the situation. The fox grieves when the rabbit dies. If the 4th young master really indulged his wife's fierceness, they wouldn't be able to rest easy in the pavilion anymore.

Bi Yuan lowered her head and wiped away her tears, extremely satisfied in her heart. People were speaking up for her, and she didn't have to personally exaggerate the story to the young master.

Xiao Hua looked from afar at the crowd of maids surrounding the young master, whose face was alternating between green and red.

The situation was unfolding in a similar fashion as her previous life, but this time the main character was Bi Yuan instead of her.

"Young master, you have to help mediate for big sis Bi Yuan. Even if it's the young madam, she can't just humiliate someone for no reason." Cui Lan spoke in a lovable voice to the side.

"Precisely, precisely young master. The young madam can't just shadily have someone beaten over a bowl of soup. Especially since..." Liu Ye paused, and then stammered on, "Especially since the soup was given to Bi Yuan by the young master. By hitting Bi Yuan, isn't she also slapping young master's face..."

Liu Ye didn't complete her sentence, but she had already stirred up people's thoughts. This Liu Ye was also no saint. Her skills as an instigator did not lose out to anyone.

Qiao-Shi's move in killing the chicken to scare the monkey was truly muddleheaded and she had chosen the wrong target. If she had chosen a common maid without any backing, the rest would have felt fear without being able to react too much. Her mistake was being too hasty, making an example out of Bi Yuan, who was the senior maid in charge. Since even the head of the servants was beaten, the rest would certainly feel sympathetic and unite against their common enemy. Even more so since Bi Yuan was someone close to the young master.

As the saying goes, if you hit the dog its owner will show up.

As expected, the young master's expression turned dark upon hearing these words.

Without saying anything else he left the room. Whenever Qiao-Shi was involved, his gentlemanly character was shoved to the back of his mind. It was apparent how much he disliked her.

When the young master entered the main residence, Qiao-Shi was in the middle of eating dinner.

His usually mild and handsome face was filled with rarely seen fury. The moment he entered he swept Qiao Shi's meal to the floor, and gave Chun Tao who was about to serve her an aggrieved kick.

The room was filled with crashing and clattering. Qiao-Shi's clothes were also stained by the spilled meal.

Seeing the young master in such a rage she was also a little baffled, but as his treatment of her sank in, her eyes immediately turned red.