Untitled Part 54

At the same time within the small kitchen.

After the palace maids and eunuchs earlier were finished eating, a new feast of dishes was placed on the table. This time they weren't prepared by Auntie Meng, but rather personally by Nana He.

Eunuch Fu stuck by the prince's side almost twenty hours a day. He only rested when the Jing Prince went to rest. Ever since the Jing Prince started going to Xiao Hua's room to spend the night, Eunuch Fu had quite a bit more free time. He just needed to instruct his disciple An Chen to keep watch and he could go take a proper break.

The Jing Prince had told Eunuch Fu several times not to tire himself out too much, but unfortunately he never listened. The days had passed in the same way for a decade.

When the people in the hall had dispersed and seeing the Jing Prince enter Xiao Hua's room, Eunuch Fu went to find Nana He in the small kitchen.

Life as servants wasn't easy. Nana He had already planned on having him and Auntie Qi come over for New Year's Eve and have a late meal. The few of them had known each other for a long time, from when they were still back in the palace. Their relationship was naturally not simple.

A table of wine and delicacies was shared between four people. Seated were Nana He, Auntie Qi, Eunuch Fu and Eunuch Chang. In the past, there would also be someone called Eunuch Su present. But this year Eunuch Su was busy outside and couldn't return home in time.

That's right, return home.

Having come to the Jing Province with the prince five years ago, these people had already started viewing this place as their home.

Out of these people, Eunuch Fu and Auntie Qi had known the Jing Prince the longest, and could be said to have watched him grow up. Nana He was assigned over when the Venerated Concubine was first conferred her title, and had also known the prince a long time. Eunuch Su and Eunuch Chang were assigned to the prince in his youth as personal servants, and were now both managing eunuchs at the Jing Prince Estate.

Despite being people as well, eunuchs had no root, no parents, no heaven or earth. Apart from serving their master, they had nothing else. Auntie Qi and Nana He were also due to various reasons not released from the palace when they reached the age. Since they had no relatives on the outside, they also had nothing else to do but to serve the master.

Everyone here was in the same boat so they would get together every year for a New Year's meal and paint a picture of liveliness.

"Why are you so early today? What, is the prince asleep?"

Auntie Qi was well aware of Eunuch Fu's habits. If the prince hadn't gone to sleep, he would never have left. In the past, Eunuch Fu would always be the last one to arrive since he had to wait until the prince slept.

Eunuch Fu gestured with his hands, "He's sleeping, in that place."

Auntie Qi gave made an expression of understanding and pursed her lips in a smile.

Regarding the fact that the Jing Prince now had a low-ranked palace maid by his side, these old fellows were all aware. Eunuch Fu's initial plan was conceived with their help after all. Unexpectedly, his plan ended up bearing fruit.

"The matter over at Changchun Pavilion, have you looked into it?" Auntie Qi asked with furrowed brows.

This topic wasn't some secret, and was basically known by everyone after the feast had ended.

Hearing this, Eunuch Fu's face sank. "Not yet. This grandpa will let them properly celebrate the New Year tonight. Tomorrow, I will go deal with them. Let's see which bastard has such guts to reveal the Hall of Splendor's affairs to the outside."