Untitled Part 65

Eunuch Chang returned to the Hall of Splendor and purposefully showed his face in front of the Jing Prince.

A short while later, Eunuch Fu was sent out on business by the Jing Prince.

Seeing this, Eunuch Chang went to the study.

"Enter."

Eunuch Chang entered. He first gave a bow in salute, and after he was asked to rise he walked a few steps closer.

"Highness, Doctor Hu said that by following the schedule listed on here, there should be no problems." After speaking, he respectfully placed the paper onto the table.

This wasn't Eunuch Chang's first time performing this task. Every month, his highness would send him to look for Doctor Hu. He didn't know what was written on the slip of paper. The Jing Prince ordered him to fetch it, and also said not to let Eunuch Fu know. He merely obeyed his orders.

Eunuch Chang had always been someone cold faced and withdrawn, and also didn't have much curiosity. This was because he knew that servants with more curiosity died faster. Although his highness wasn't quite like other masters, Eunuch Chang would still remind himself every once in a while not to overstep his bounds.

Overall, compared to Eunuch Fu, Eunuch Chang was a very fitting and useful servant. This was also why the Jing Prince would leave many things to Eunuch Chang instead of Eunuch Fu.

Of course, Eunuch Fu and the Jing Prince's affection was naturally not the same. This had nothing to do with whether or not their relationship was good. The situation this time was also kept from Eunuch Fu for various reasons.

Waving his hand to let Eunuch Chang take his leave, the Jing Prince opened the slip of paper in his hand. He looked at the dates listed on it, and couldn't help but frown.

He actually had to wait that long?

When this thought flashed through his mind, he actually didn't realize its implication.

After a brief moment, the Jing Prince stood up and took out a book from the shelf, putting the slip of paper inside.

*****

Time passed by quickly, and in the blink of an eye half a month had passed.

During this time the Jing Prince did not come to the western pavilion again. Meanwhile, the Jing Consort's side seemed very impatient. The day before her confinement was to end, Chun Xiang came over to inform Xiao Hua her restrictions can be lifted.

She certainly wasn't that kind hearted, and the reason she came over was to remind Xiao Hua to pay respects the next day. Xiao Hua naturally understood the meaning behind this.

Regarding this, Xiao Hua was helpless and speechless. Sometimes she couldn't understand what the consort was thinking. Was she really not afraid she would bring it up to the Jing Prince?

After all, no matter how one put it, she was someone who came from the Hall of Splendor, and could be said to be favored. The consort was not favored, and this was something the whole estate was aware of. Where did she get her confidence from?

But when she thought of the Jing Prince's apathetic face, she understood a little in her heart.

Just based on that master's apathetic appearance, it seemed like he had no one in his heart. None of the women or nothing that happened in the rear court seemed to be able to evoke any waves in his emotions. Furthermore, Ding Xiang had told her that the consort was someone from the current empress's clan. As her niece, her status was extremely noble. No wonder she had such confidence.

Compared to her, she was just a servant-born lowly concubine.

Thinking like this, Xiao Hua's heart overflowed with sorrow.