Untitled Part 6

The soup ended up going to Bi Yuan as Xiao Hua stood in the corner, her expression fluctuating erratically.

She didn't react as Chun Tao came to deliver the soup, and only when the young master tried to "bestow" it upon her did she remember an already distant memory.

Previously around this time, Qiao-Shi had given the young master her handmade soup. Yet due to his dislike of her appearance even her gifts were viewed with disgust, and he had casually offered it to Xiao Hua instead.

Back then, she had just been promoted to senior maid and was certainly ecstatic at receiving the young master's grace. She had accepted it without much thought, taking the opportunity to rub it in the faces of the other three senior maids who were always against her.

In the end, the soup ended up in her belly. Not only did it cause the other three maids to hate her even more, it was also a brutal blow to Qiao-Shi's heart.

When Qiao-Shi found out, she called her over for questioning and found an excuse for Chun Tao to slap her across the face.

Having gotten the 4th young master's ear at the time and having caught an undeserved blow to her face, Xiao Hua ran crying and complained to her master.

The 4th young master's desire to protect the fairer sex was stirred and he ended up having a huge argument with his wife. The couple's relationship became even more irreconcilable.

Due to her husband treating a maid better than his own wife, Qiao-Shi felt extremely wronged and could no longer sit still. No longer caring about her reputation, she ran off to find her mother in law, the Jinyang Marquis Estate's madam, to mediate.

The madam thought it inappropriate to meddle too much in the married couple's affairs, but was also at a loss towards her younger son's attitude. She ended up ordering one of her senior maids to Jinxiu Pavilion and to punish the "main instigator" of the situation, hitting her 5 times with a plank. No matter what, a maid was a maid. To use her as a scapegoat to assuage the master's anger was only natural.

While the master's anger was indeed assuaged, Xiao Hua's heart was filled with fear and resentment from the beating.

It was her first time being beaten by the plank. Despite having served in several households previously, how could these smaller households use a plank to punish their servants? Especially doing so in front of the entire pavilion, resulting in countless mockery and ridicule. The other three senior maids grew even bolder with their insults.

Xiao Hua let loose after that incident and decided not to string the 4th young master along anymore, climbing directly into his bed.

At the time she had simply reasoned that becoming the young master's chambermaid would prevent anyone from beating her in the future. Furthermore, it would mean even better treatment from the young master going forward. Didn't they enjoy ridiculing her? Let's see them mock someone staying in the young master's room.

It was a good plan, but reality was cruel. This move not only caused Qiao-Shi to thoroughly hate her, but was also adding oil to fire, causing the entire pavilion to boil over.

It wasn't just the senior maids who couldn't sit still, even the common maids began to stir. Bi Yuan ran off to seek council with her own parents, intending to have the madam place her into his room as well. Cui Lan and Liu Ye hated her on one hand, and tried to imitate her on the other and climb into his bed as well...

The Jinxiu Pavilion had been thrown into chaos.

At that time Qiao-Shi had just married in not long ago, and didn't have the young master's favor, making it impossible for her to control the servants. Her skin was also not thick enough to get the estate's madam to come mediate a second time. Especially when considering the question: which major estate's young master wasn't sleeping with his maids? The principal wife could only watch while silently controlling and punishing on the side.