Untitled Part 105

Once Doctor Hu confirmed that Xiao Hua was pregnant with twins, her duties became more burdensome.

Just the required amount of daily exercise alone was hard to bear.

Ever since the first three months, Nana He made Ding Xiang and the rest accompany Xiao Hua in walking around the courtyard. It was at a leisurely pace and didn't have to be all at once, but she had to walk at least half an hour every day.

As her stomach grew larger and larger, it became harder and harder to walk. But the amount of daily exercise required had more than doubled.

Furthermore, the days had grown cold. Snow had already started falling here and there by the end of October. Xiao Hua's walking location was switched to be inside the house. The chairs and tables in the reception hall had been moved to make room for her to walk.

"Ding Xiang, can we take a break?"

"Madam, endure a little longer. We're almost done."

Nana He was extremely clear with Xiao Hua. She would help her properly adjust her body but her instructions had to be followed to the letter. Since she was going to have twins, if she didn't properly adjust it would be a very difficult birth.

First of all she had to improve her stamina. Walking more every day would also be beneficial for the child.

Nana He said that when some women had a hard time giving birth, it often wasn't actually a difficult birth. It was more due to living a pampered lifestyle for too long and having grown frail. They merely ran out of stamina at the end.

People were usually pregnant with one child but she was pregnant with two. She needed twice the amount of stamina. Therefore, Xiao Hua did her best to follow Nana He's instructions.

Her meals had also been adjusted by Nana He, and she now ate less with every meal but ate more frequently. Furthermore, the amount of nutrition wasn't added all at once, but rather was slowly increased.

Xiao Hua cooperated quite well. She ate less when she had to and exercised when she had to.

The kiln was burning inside the residence, and there was also a charcoal basin in the corner. Xiao Hua had only walked a little bit before being covered in a layer of sweat.

"This won't do, it's too hot. Ding Xiang, how about I take some clothes off."

"That won't do, Madam. You're already wearing very little. You cannot afford to catch a cold."

Walking around in circles inside was the dumbest thing, but the seemingly simple exercise was actually a little strenuous for Xiao Hua.

It was because her stomach was too big and the time required was too long.

The time would drag on for Xiao Hua every time. She would be extremely tired but had to bear with it. After several times, Xiao Hua realized that although she was extremely tired, it wasn't unbearable. She was able to last longer and longer over time. Seems like Nana He's stamina training had some use.

Therefore, despite Xiao Hua complaining about her tiredness, she would still continue doing it.

After walking for another while, Ding Xiang supported the tiredly panting Xiao Hua over to sit down. Ding Lan and Chun Cao brought over hot water and a hand towel to wipe her sweat. Only after changing into a dry and clean set of clothes did Xiao Hua sit down on the kiln.

"My stamina is really awful at the moment. I'm already exhausted after walking for such a short time."

"Madam, how can your current condition be compared to the past. You have to support your stomach, of course you would be tired."