Untitled Part 12

Xiao Hua finished listening to Grandma Wang's story. She found it hard to imagine to what extent someone had to be forced before they were willing to disfigure their own face and accept a demotion from the highest rank to the lowest. Not going out normally as though she didn't exist, passing several decades in this manner. No wonder Grandma Wang was always sitting in front of the stove, not going anywhere. It had probably become second nature to her from a young age.

Xiao Hua felt Grandma Wang's situation to be relatable, and felt miserable in her heart.

Returning after reincarnating, there were times when she was uncertain where she would end up. She was still young at the moment, but even after maturing for a couple of years she had no idea if she would be released at that time. That's why she tried to avoid thinking about the future, because she wasn't sure what the future would bring.

How could a servant have a say in her own future?

Grandma Wang saw Xiao Hua suddenly grow quiet, and comforted her smilingly: "It's normal for life to be filled with numerous difficulties. Everything that comes will eventually pass. As long as you remain true to your heart's desires you will find happiness. This granny desired to live, and now I am still living. I've lived for so long, and even if I've suffered a little, I am content and can develop my own happiness...she on the other hand lives in glory and splendor, but before the old master passes away doesn't she still have to spend her days as if cock-fighting...."

"Alright, that's enough. Talking about granny's business is depressing. I wanted to comfort you initially, but ended up having the opposite effect." Grandma Wang smiled and waved a hand. "Tell me what's going on with you. I can tell you've got a lot on your mind."

Xiao Hua didn't omit anything and explained the situation.

Grandma Wang finished listening and sighed: "A person's attention span is limited. You just continue your deaf and mute act. Whatever they end up doing has nothing to do with you as long as you don't get involved. At most, they can accuse you of not doing your job properly. Once things really start going down, I reckon they won't have the spare attention to continue blaming you."

Xiao Hua's pent up emotions were instantly released. That's right, she had gotten a little obsessed. Trying too hard is as bad as not trying enough. Since she had been placed in this situation, there was no way to stay out of things completely. As long as she didn't meddle, what harm would getting some complaints do?

Xiao Hua also understood that after coming back to life, she was used to being on edge which was why she ended up in this dilemma.

With her problem solved, Xiao Hua and Grandma Wang continued chatting for a while. Only after seeing it was getting late did she leave.

Having made up her mind, she waited until dinner was served in the wayside pavilion, only making her way to the guest residence after she was done eating.

Bi Yuan's eyes fixed upon her the moment she showed up, and found an excuse to bring her outside. She didn't complain about her tardiness, and instead asked her to keep an eye on Cui Lan.

Xiao Hua made a confused expression. Bi Yuan saw that this lass didn't really seem to understand but it also wasn't appropriate to explain too much. She could only repeat her instructions one last time.

After speaking she hurriedly went back to the room. The young master was about to eat, and she couldn't allow the other two flirty hussies to be alone with him.

The 4th young master went to practice his writing in his study after eating. The three senior maids crowded around him once again.

Xiao Hua stood outside without entering.

Counterattack of the Cannon Fodder ChambermaidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara