Untitled Part 85

Auntie Qi walked towards the internal affairs area, her thoughts a mess the entire way.

She wanted to scold someone, but without any victims in sight she didn't know who to vent her anger on.

After sitting for a short while upon getting back, Eunuch Fu came over.

"How was it? Have you seen the people?" These were Eunuch Fu's first words as he came through the door.

Auntie Qi frowned and looked at him, saying in a low voice: "Do you think this is a good idea?"

Having been old partners for several decades, they were both extremely familiar with each other. Eunuch Fu naturally understood Auntie Qi's meaning. He laughed mischievously a couple times, stroked his nose and sat on the side.

"It wasn't on purpose. At the time my subordinates asked for a detailed description, and in my brief moment of carelessness I sent them a painting of Madam Hua's likeness."

Auntie Qi let out a deep sigh, but was still unable to hold it in, "You're being too obvious! What are they going to think of us? These days his highness has changed completely and is favoring her. Can't you be a little subtle about it?"

It seems Eunuch Fu's actions had truly provoked her. Otherwise, the usually steady Auntie Qi wouldn't forget herself like this.

"This one's not trying to do anything. Whether she's favored or not has nothing to do with this one. This one just want his highness to have an heir. There are so few women in the rear court, what's the big deal if this one adds a few people!?"

Since Auntie Qi's tone had turned unpleasant, Eunuch Fu's tone also became stubborn and he started referring to himself as "this one" instead of using "I".

"Whether she's favored or not doesn't have anything to do with us. But what would his highness think when he sees you being so obvious about it? You can only act this way because it's his highness. If it were any other master, your actions would be pure manipulation, prying into the lord's heart, and would result in death, understand? Eunuch Fu, your guts are getting bigger and bigger. How can things continue this way!?" Auntie Qi patiently persuaded.

Hearing this, Eunuch Fu's face darkened as though it were about to start pouring rain.

Seeing this, Auntie Qi revealed a helpless expression.

"You fiend! You're even getting angry with me?"

Only when hearing "fiend" did Eunuch Fu ease up. He suppressed his temper and gently said, "Elegant Aunt, I understand your meaning. It's just that there's no need to worry about the old skin on my face...." as he spoke, he rubbed his own face, "What need do I have for face in front of the master? I've set my heart on holding a little master."

He paused, seemingly comforting Auntie Qi but also comforting himself as well, "Especially since the master never pays attention to anything, and he'll also give me face."

"You're not afraid you'll lose your place in his heart?"

Eunuch Fu's face turned rigid and he said in a low voice: "That won't happen."

"That may have been true in the past. Now it's hard to say." Auntie Qi sighed, "Regardless, I feel like his highness has really been moved this time. That apathetic person is currently like a little child. For the sake of making a girl happy, he threw his personal storage wide open. Having gone with him to the western pavilion so many times recently, you should be aware of this in your heart."

"In the imperial palace weren't there many cases of imperial concubines who were extremely favored for a time? But what happened in the end?"

Eunuch Fu didn't finish his thought, but Auntie Qi knew what he wanted to say. In the end, everything had vanished in the blink of an eye.