Untitled Part 50

Xi'er had come looking for Xiao Hua two more times.

Once was unfortunately in the morning while the Jing Prince was inside her room. Xiao Qin Zi didn't dare report it and had the door guarding eunuch send her away. The second time the door guarding eunuch went to report and was cursed at by Xiao Qin Zi, and directly drove her away.

Today Xi'er had come again.

That door guarding eunuch frowned the moment he saw her, "Why are you back again? The last time I announced your arrival I got scolded for it. Quickly leave, and don't come back anymore."

Xi'er's face froze but she quickly forced a smile.

"This big bro, I really have some business with Miss Xiao Hua. Could you please help announce my arrival? My relationship with Miss Xiao Hua was pretty good in the past. If she knew I came to find her she would definitely come see me. Could I trouble you to help me out?"

The low-ranked eunuch's face looked troubled, and seeing this Xi'er continued speaking: "At that time I will tell Miss Xiao Hua about it, and she will also be very grateful to you."

This low ranked eunuch was someone from the Hall of Splendor. Although he was just the door guard, he still knew that Miss Xiao Hua was his highness's newly favored. Even though she temporarily didn't have any status, it seemed she would get one quite easily in the future. Furthermore, she was someone under Eunuch Fu's wing. If it weren't for these considerations, he wouldn't have repeatedly announced Xi'er's arrival for her previously.

Everyone had ambitions, and this eunuch was no different. Therefore, he hesitated when he heard the last part.

Xi'er saw that he was slightly convinced and put forth a little more effort. She stuffed something into his hands and said: "This big bro, I've really inconvenienced you. Don't worry, I will definitely not let you lose out in helping me."

The low-ranked eunuch hesitated half a second before saying: "You wait here, I'll go ask." He told another low ranked eunuch to keep watch.

After a while, the eunuch returned.

"Wait a moment. Miss Xiao Hua will be here shortly."

Xiao Hua was also aware that Xi'er had come several times saying she wanted to see here. The last two times it hadn't been announced, and she had only found out after the fact.

Today she was quite idle, and unexpectedly Xi'er had come again.

Could it be that she really had some business with her? They had been roommates in the past. Although there were some conflicts during that time, Xi'er hadn't really done anything. Since she came so many times, Xiao Hua decided to meet her once to see if there really was something.

As she reached the doors of the Hall of Splendor, she saw Xi'er from afar dressed in her low-ranked palace maid's outfit.

She looked thinner than before, and her temperament seemed to have changed as well. The innocent and unaffected spirit of the past seemed to have disappeared.

"Xi'er, why are you looking for me?"

Xi'er saw Xiao Hua who was walking over and her eyes flashed.

Today Xiao Hua was wearing a pale bluish white layered jacket embroidered with camellia flowers. Her satin skirt was orange yellow embroidered with bamboo green clouds. This new winter outfit was better quality than the previous ones Eunuch Fu had prepared by a lot. It was apparent just based on the material.

Recently Xiao Hua's complexion was very good, and she had just come out of the heated hall. Her pale face contained a hint of reddish glow and her skin was well moisturized, as though water would come out if it were squeezed. She appeared joyful, and her figure was much fuller than in the past. Her chest bulged outwards, completely different from her past beansprout self.