Untitled Part 44

While the Jing Prince was gone these few days, Xiao Hua often went to the small kitchen to chat with Nana He and pass the time while also helping out with some chores.

Xiao Hua thought that Nana He didn't know about what happened to her, but she actually knew early on.

Eunuch Fu that old thing didn't refrain from strutting around in front of her, but since his highness didn't show any signs after that time, Nana He felt endless pity for Xiao Hua.

This old Nana was only able to follow the prince to the Jing Province to work due to sympathy. The so called "work" was actually retirement, and as a servant herself, there wasn't much she could do to help Xiao Hua.

She could only give her rich soups to drink daily, hoping to raise the lass to become a little more spirited. Perhaps that way she would obtain his highness's favor and get conferred a status.

Every time Xiao Hua came to the small kitchen, Nana He would bring her all sorts of things to drink. Xiao Hua was reluctant about it, feeling like she was inconveniencing her too much. Nana He said she was too skinny and wanted to fill her up a bit.

But Xiao Hua really didn't feel that she was still skinny. Having been filled up this entire time, she was even bigger than she was as a concubine in the past. Although it wasn't really clear in other places, her chest had gotten a lot fuller. But Xiao Hua didn't think too much about it, assuming it was due to the food from the estate.

Of course, Nana He's kindness was noticed by her and taken deeply to heart.

As a matter of fact, once she got better at needlework she made Nana He a pair of socks as a gift.

Her skills had improved to the point where she could make such small objects, though she wasn't able to make anything else.

"You lass, you're busy working every day and still made something for Nana."

Although the finished product couldn't be said to be excellent, Nana He seemed to really like it.

"Nana has treated me so well all this time, of course I have to express my gratitude. It's just my skills aren't that good, I hope Nana doesn't mind."

Mentioning her poor skills, Xiao Hua was a little embarrassed again since the socks truly weren't anything special, but at least it expressed her intentions.

"Who said your skills weren't good. They seem pretty good to me. You're just starting out, being able to make this is already quite impressive. Nana has to thank Xiao Hua." Nana He spoke while patting Xiao Hua's head. She suddenly remembered something, and brought out a bowl of medicinal soup for her.

Xiao Hua looked at the murky soup filled with medicinal aroma, "Nana, is this also nourishing soup? Why does it look like medicine?"

"Didn't you say your stomach would hurt during that time of the month? After drinking this a few times, it should be a lot better."

When her time of the month was mentioned, Xiao Hua's face darkened.

Her periods had never been smooth. It was this way in her past life, and in this life as well. After coming to the Hall of Splendor, it had come again several times. Each time it hurt so much she wasn't able to work. Unexpectedly, Nana He had remembered.

"Thank you Nana. You treat Xiao Hua so well."

"Drink quickly while it's warm."

Although Nana He acted nonchalant about it, Xiao Hua's eyes still turned wet. However, the steam rising from the medicinal soup covered it from view.

Two days later, Xiao Hua's always irregular period came.

In her past life her period had never come at a fixed interval. Sometimes it would be once a month, other times it could be once every few months. When it was serious, she'd be in too much pain to get off the bed. When it was less serious, it would still hurt enough to make her ghostly pale.