Untitled Part 62

The Jing Consort truly hadn't made many preparations.

Having been married so many years to the Jing Prince, although she didn't truly understand him she at least knew him a little. This man didn't seem like a man, and he was very apathetic towards things between men and women.

When they first got married, due to the unwillingness in her heart, they didn't even consummate their marriage on their wedding night. It was only after a few days when she was afraid the palace would make inquiries that she reluctantly consummated their marriage. In reality she was just going through the motions.

While they were newlywed, he would come to her room every few days. However, she wasn't willing, and he also didn't force her. Afterwards, things slowly dulled down until today. He never spent the night at her place anymore.

Thinking of the past, the Jing Consort had cursed herself for her foolishness several times.

Over the years, she would occasionally imagine that if she hadn't been so foolish in the beginning, they could probably have become a loving couple. After all, when she married him the Jing Prince's situation was extremely rough. He wasn't young anymore but he wasn't old enough to leave for his vassal state yet. All he had in the palace were cold glances and mockery.

If she had been more sensible and helped him weather these tribulations, their relationship would definitely be extremely good. Unfortunately she had been too young, and could only think of her "cousin" while forgetting that her husband was actually the one whom she would spend a lifetime with.

"What do we do, what do we do? Nana?"

The Jing Consort was really desperate this time.

Others may not realize what visiting twice in five days implied, but she did.

The Jing Prince was afraid of inconvenience and liked to simplify matters. His personality was apathetic to begin with, and therefore would rarely come to the rear court.

Since her relationship with him was estranged, even if she clearly knew his main issue with the rear court was the inconvenience, she would never give the others a clue. As long as she didn't have a child, she would not permit anyone else to have one first. Putting medicine in the tea was one method, and playing dumb about the situation was another.

This was also why she was extremely irritated at Eunuch Fu's group for taking the initiative, and also why she would make countless schemes to move that person out of the Hall of Splendor and into the rear court. Because she understood the Jing Prince's personality. He was an independent person, and to put the idea in his mind of visiting the rear court was very difficult.

However, there was now an exception in this difficulty.

But the exception wasn't for her!

Nana Li looked at the Jing Consort whose face was filled with panic, and couldn't think of any good ideas at the moment.

"Consort, don't panic yet." Chun Xiang soothed.

The Jing Consort smashed the decorations at her side and was a little hysterical, "You told me not to panic yet while she was still in the Hall of Splendor. Now you're still telling me not to panic. When she wasn't able to get pregnant at that time, it was because she didn't have the luck. Now if his highness continues visiting her so frequently, it's only a matter of time before she gets pregnant."

Something the Jing Consort hadn't said, but what even a blind person would know, was that being able to change the Jing Prince's personality was something truly horrifying.

"Vixen! Slut!"

The Jing Consort's face was horrifyingly twisted. Only the heavens were aware how much effort she had spent in preventing herself from tearing that person apart earlier.