Untitled Part 53

Because of the Jing Consort's interference, the New Year's feast had several highlights, making it too much for one to take in. Xiao Hua however had no appetite and sat there with her head lowered.

Once the feast was over, the Jing Prince had everyone disperse.

The Jing Consort, having achieved her goal, didn't cause any more problems before leaving.

Senior Concubine Qiao and the two Madams Yu wanted to try and rope his highness into going back to their place, but the helpless Jing Prince retreated faster than anyone. The three of them also wanted to return to keep an eye on the situation and thus all hurriedly went back to their own pavilions.

In the Rongxi Pavilion.

Senior Concubine Qiao shed her outer robe with the help of her personal palace maids, and changed into clothes worn inside the house before sitting down on the couch.

"I must say, this Xiao-Shi was extremely active today. Turns out she was hiding such malicious intent."

Cui'er spoke to the side: "The consort wouldn't be trying to rope in that Hua, Madam Hua, right?"

Die'er gave Cui'er a glance and said: "Which eye of yours saw the consort trying to rope her in?"

"She didn't have any status before, and the consort helped her accomplish this."

Die'er couldn't be bothered to speak with Cui'er any further, steeping some tea and placing it by Qiao-Shi's hand.

Compared to Die'er, Cui'er was really dense. This was why despite both being personal palace maids, and both having followed along after the marriage, Senior Concubine Qiao had placed more importance on Die'er.

However, since she was someone serving at her side, Senior Concubine Qiao naturally wouldn't shirk from teaching her a little. She also hoped for her people to be a little smarter, making it easier to rely on them in the future.

Senior Concubine Qiao could also see from today's events that a wind was rising.

In the past no one was favored, so they had nothing to do with each other since there was no point in struggling. The sudden appearance of "Madam Hua" as well as the Jing Consort's attitude made Senior Concubine Qiao understand the situation.

The Jing Consort wanted to have her in the eastern pavilion. If "Madam Hua" was really favored, then there would be several ways to deal with her here. Furthermore, they could take advantage of his highness visiting more often and borrow some of that windfall. If she wasn't actually favored, well, the Jing Consort probably still wouldn't let her off. After all, this person had at some point appeared and served his highness within the Hall of Splendor for almost half a year. This was enough for that woman Xiao-Shi to swallow her whole.

Senior Concubine Qiao liked to take advantage of the situation. However, thinking of the person that made others jealous, she inevitably felt some anger and grievance.

"If this concubine was her, I'd definitely hate Xiao-Shi to death. What's the use of a status if one could be the tower by the water? Furthermore, if something ended up developing in the womb, would there be any status that was out of reach?

It was because of this that "Madam Hua" attracted everyone's hatred.

Earlier, apart from the Jing Consort who had heard about it beforehand, the others were all slightly confused throughout the event. If they were to go back, they would probably all react the same way as the consort.

Thinking of this, Senior Concubine Qiao let out a meaningful smile.

In the Hanxiang Pavilion.

Yu Rong and Yu Jiao were both of the same status, and in the same situation. Both had come from the palace and after getting to the Jing Prince Estate, they had been placed together and thus their relationship was extremely good.