Untitled Part 73

Hearing Ding Xiang's report, the usually steady Auntie Qi was also unable to sit still any longer.

If this was really the case, Madam Hua had fallen victim when she was paying respects at the Changchun Pavilion. What about those who had gone along with her? After all, it wasn't just Madam Hua paying respects.

Auntie Qi didn't dare imagine the Jing Consort would be so daring. But the truth had shown that she was indeed this daring, her actions making others shocked and speechless.

In addition to this, the two Madams Yu's conditions were even worse. Apart from being affected by the incense scheme, they had actually consumed several items containing cold essence long ago and had already become infertile.

At this point, all the evidence pointed towards the Jing Consort. The source of the two pouches had also been investigated, and although there wasn't concrete evidence, it still pointed to the Changchun Pavilion.

Although Auntie Qi was responsible for internal affairs, she was still a servant. Since the situation involved the Jing Consort, she couldn't make the final decision. It could only be reported to the Jing Prince before seeing how to proceed.

In the Hall of Splendor.

After Auntie Qi finished explaining the situation, Eunuch Fu's face immediately sank. Although the Jing Prince looked no different from his usual self, the tea saucer in his hands had cracked.

The air in the hall seemed to have frozen.

"She was targeting that low-ranked palace maid?"

Auntie Qi was momentarily confused by his words, but she soon understood his meaning.

"Based on the situation it appears so. Senior Concubine Qiao and the rest were also affected. Furthermore, the two madams Yu had consumed the substances long ago and have been permanently harmed. Because it happened too long ago, it's no longer possible to investigate the cause."

After a long while, Auntie Qi heard the Jing Prince's voice from his seat, "Show her the uncovered evidence."

It was evident who he was referring to.

"Yes."

Only an hour had passed before Auntie Qi returned to report.

The witnesses and evidence were all there, but the Jing Consort's side refused to own up to it.

Auntie Qi was just a managing auntie, and naturally couldn't dispute a mistress. Especially since the Jing Consort stubbornly refused to admit to it, and then fainted on the spot. Afterwards, she remained in bed and pretended to be too ill to get up. Auntie Qi clearly knew she was pretending, but as a servant she was helpless and could only report back to the Jing Prince.

"Highness, how do you think we should handle this? The consort, the consort keeps shouting about wanting to see you."

The Jing Prince sat on his seat, his gaze inexplicable gloomy.

After half a moment of silence, he spoke: "Confine the consort."

Regarding this outcome, Auntie Qi wasn't surprised. But the Jing Prince's following words made her a little surprised.

"Those who were involved, have them all beaten to death. Eunuch Fu, go."

Eunuch Fu said solemnly: "Yes."

After leaving the Hall of Splendor, Auntie Qi smiled bitterly and said: "Ai, this consort is really....."

"Is really what?" Eunuch Fu's voice was a little high pitched.

His normal voice was a baritone, not at all like the feminine voice of a eunuch. Of course there would be exceptions, like when his mood was extremely bad.