Untitled Part 174

Lin Qing Wan was a little in disbelief.

The Xiao Hua from back then had also been fresh in her memories. This was because during her hardest days, it was Xiao Hua who taught her that survival was most important. It was even thanks to Xiao Hua that she didn't make the mistake of trying to escape back then.

She truly knew the girl called Xiao Hua, but apart from her eyes being slightly large, that girl in her memories wasn't special at all. She was withered and skinny, a tiny little girl. How did she become this person in front of her who was the complete opposite in terms of bearing, and was even the senior concubine?

Lin Qing Wan was currently a mess.

After a long time, she finally recovered and stammered: "Then, then how did you become the senior concubine?"

Xiao Hua smiled brightly: "Didn't you become the Dingyuan Marquis's sister? It was all due to luck. I really didn't think we could meet again. After so many years, I still occasionally think of you and wonder how you're doing. Now that I see you're doing well, I can be at ease....."

"That's right. Fate is a strange thing. Never expected to be able to see you again...."

The two of the smiled, their eyes filled with reminiscence and emotion, and many other things.

That's right. Who would have thought that from the carriage of the trafficker heading out of the capital would come two women with completely different destinies.

One was married into the countryside, but used her own abilities to have a happy life and marriage. The other went from a little lass who was sold over and over to a vassal prince's favored concubine, and finally to the emperor's favored senior concubine. Perhaps there may be even bigger changes in the future.

Therefore, fate was truly something mysterious....

"Are you well?" Lin Qing Wan involuntarily asked before laughing in spite of herself: "The senior concubine is naturally doing well. Look at my foolish words."

Xiao Hua nodded and replied seriously: "I'm very well."

She knew Lin Qing Wan would understand her meaning.

Lin Qing Wan understood as expected. She smiled and said: "I'm also very well."

........

The two of them chatted for a long, long time, until the sky started turning dark. Only then did Lin Qing Wan say her farewells. Xiao Hua told her to come to the palace when she was free, and that she would give instructions to the subordinates.

Lin Qing Wan agreed straightforwardly. She said her family had built a residence on the outskirts and would remain by the capital in the future. She would definitely come bother the senior concubine.

After Lin Qing Wan left, Xiao Hua sat there in a daze for a while. She would occasionally think of something and reveal a knowing smile.

Outside the hall, Yi Yi's chattering sounded out.

She had stopped going to class with her brother, but was now too bored. Therefore, she started going to pick her brother up after class. Every day right before late afternoon, she would take her palace maids, eunuchs and Whitey in a majestic procession to the Esteemed Literary Hall to pick up Zhuo'er. The two of them returned to the Chenxi Palace together.

Xiao Hua heard her son say several times he wouldn't let his sister go pick him up, but Zhuo'er seemed quite happy every time they came back together.

Actually Xiao Hua knew that she wasn't going for her brother's sake, but rather because there was no one for her to play with. Xiao Hua wouldn't let her run around freely, so Yi Yi used Zhuo'er as an excuse for some freedom.