Untitled Part 68

Die'er glanced at the sky outside and said with a concerned expression: "Senior concubine, it's snowing outside. Are we still going over to the western pavilion?"

Sometimes Die'er didn't know what Senior Concubine Qiao was thinking. As a senior concubine who was officially listed on the Jing Prince's harem jade slip record, she still ran to a low ranked concubine's residence to express goodwill.

She also understood the senior concubine's intentions, but having gone so many times they hadn't run into his highness even once. Was there still a need to go?

His highness was apathetic to begin with. It could be imagined that even the favored Madam Hua would rarely see him. How much time would they have to waste if they wanted to run into him there?

"We're going. Why would we not?" Senior Concubine Qiao spoke while letting Cui'er dress her up. Her expression was completely relaxed without the slightest trace of impatience.

"But......"

Senior Concubine Qiao naturally understood what Die'er was trying to say, and raised a hand to stop her, "There's nothing to do nowadays anyway. Let's just treat it as passing the time."

Die'er felt uncomfortable hearing this but no longer argued about it.

Actually there were still some words Senior Concubine Qiao didn't say out loud.

From the moment his highness came to the Jing Province, he rarely came to the rear court. On the rare occasions he did show up at her place, it was just to sleep without doing anything. Not only was that woman Xiao-Shi feeling desperate, she herself was also desperate. After all these years she no longer thought about whatever favor. She just wanted a child. For the sake of this goal, she wouldn't let any opportunity, no matter how small, slip through her fingers.

She wasn't like that fool Xiao-Shi, who tried to use underhanded tricks. Even if she succeeded in making others unable to give birth, if his highness wouldn't go to her what was the point?

Of course, Senior Concubine Qiao also had some hope in her heart. After all, from an outsider's perspective, the Jing Prince had only spent the night at her place since arriving at the Jing Province. He had never visited the other places. Perhaps his highness still viewed her a little differently, but had merely forgotten over the course of time.

"Bring the jar of drunken rouge along. This senior concubine will properly let Madam Hua try out some good stuff today."

Die'er heard her words, and couldn't resist smiling as she thought about the expressions on those palace western pavilion palace maids' faces.

"Senior concubine, have you not noticed the expressions on those palace maids' faces over at the western pavilion? They clearly wish they could kick us out, but they can only endure it."

Senior Concubine Qiao smiled charmingly, "Unfortunately for them, I'm the senior concubine and she's a madam."

"Exactly. But from what this servant sees, that Madam Hua seems to be quite mentally stable, as if she's not concerned at all. Is she really that dumb or just pretending to be?"

Senior Concubine Qiao's jade-like finger lightly touched her own lips and smiled profoundly at the mirror, "She naturally wouldn't be a foolish person."

After a pause, she spoke again: "It's because she isn't foolish that she doesn't dare refuse this senior concubine. If I tried this with Yu Jiao, this senior concubine wouldn't even be able to get through her doors."

"Senior concubine is wise."

"Alright, let's go. We don't want to be late."

Die'er helped Senior Concubine Qiao up while Cui'er grabbed the wine jug of "drunken rouge" and the group headed outside.