Untitled Part 14

After the doctor finished his treatment, Tian-Shi asked for his diagnosis.

The doctor declared that while Qiao-Shi suffered from pent up frustrations in her heart, there weren't any major issues with her condition. He prescribed two sets of medications to be taken orally which he said would be sufficient treatment, and some medicine needed to be applied to the wounds on her neck. Hearing this, Tian-Shi indicated for a maid on the side to follow the doctor, get the medications, and escort him on his way out.

After giving her instructions, she walked to the bedside and Matron Chen made way for her.

Qiao-Shi saw her mother-in-law approach and cried even harder without saying anything.

Qiao-Shi's face was pale and full of tears, her hair a mess and her neck sported a purple bruise.

Tian-Shi also found it hard to maintain her calm. No matter how one looked at it, her family was at fault. Her son was at fault, and she as his mother did not raise him properly...

Although such were her thoughts on the surface, Tian-Shi couldn't help feeling wronged in her heart.

Wasn't this overkill? As the principal wife, why are you so eager to die over a couple of maids? In the capital, which household's young master doesn't have a bunch of people in his room? Why was it that only in Yi'er's case did it drive the principal wife to hang herself?

But these inner thoughts couldn't be announced to the public, so she could only placate Qiao-Shi. If things got out of hand, the Jinyang Marquis Estate's reputation could be at stake. Others wouldn't speculate over Qiao-Shi, but would only say that the JinyangMarquis Estate abused its position and drove a principal wife to her death.

"Dear child don't cry, don't cry. Yi'er let you down!" Tian-Shi sat on the bedside and sighed while stroking Qiao-Shi's hand, her eyes full of heartache.

Matron Chen raised Qiao-Shi up by her arm to rest against the large pillow. Qiao-Shi continued crying desolately, crying and muttering at the same time: ".....mom , I really don't want to live anymore...I also don't have the face to live...forget the fact that my husband doesn't want to get intimate with me...."

Hearing Qiao-Shi's words, the main heir's wife indicated for Matron Rong to clear the room.

Matron Rong swept her eyes across and the maids on the side who weren't involved all left one after the other.

Cui Lan and Liu Ye also wanted to leave, but before they could move their feet Xiu E gave a couple kicks to the back of their knees, making the two kneel on the floor with pale faces. Xiao Hua wanted to act invisible, but before she could move she was stared down by Xiu E and could only kneel along with the others.

".....wu wu......arguing with me over a maid....and now sleeping with two maids in his room in a row...where did he leave my face...I really don't have any face left to live...."

Tian-Shi held Qiao-Shi while comforting her. She only stopped crying after a long time, leaning against the bed sobbing while wiping her eyes with a handkerchief.

"Mom, I'm not afraid of being embarrassed to say that even now my husband has yet to consummate our marriage." After raising the topic, Qiao-Shi started crying again.

Tian-Shi let out a sigh and stroked her head, "I know, dear child. Mom will help mediate for you."

Qiao-Shi only stopped crying at this moment, though continued to sob lightly.

Tian-Shi let go of Qiao-Shi and moved her gaze to the few people kneeling on the floor. Cui Lan and Liu Ye were immediately scared to the point of trembling all over. Xiao Hua also lay prone on the floor with her head down, not making a sound.