Untitled Part 39

That night, Xiao Xia Zi came and delivered two sets of clothing.

Xiao Hua tried them on and felt they fit quite well this time. Most importantly, they were a little looser and wider, not "fitting" like those before.

The clothes that got ripped had been hidden in her cabinet, but her embarrassed feelings at that time could not be wiped away. Luckily the Jing Prince didn't have any other reactions, or Xiao Hua would have been embarrassed to death.

She hated how she couldn't stick her head in the ground during these next few days of work.

What she was hoping for in her past life finally developed a little in this life, but ended up causing such a joke.

It was such a disgrace!

Xiao Hua had only paid attention to her own embarrassment and didn't notice the gazes of the others in the room, especially when she ran in while covering her chest. More than one person had noticed.

Therefore, the palace maids in the room grew even quieter, their expressions turning weird.

After a couple more days, Xiao Hua grew ill.

Suddenly ill, and seriously ill. She got a fever during the night which hadn't faded by morning.

Xiao Hua was awoken by the discomfort at night, her whole body hot and cold at the same time and her head murky and dazed. She knew she had a fever, and endured until the others awoke the next morning. She weakly propped her feeble body up and asked the others if they could help her let Eunuch Fu know she was ill and couldn't come to work.

Her mentioning it was also wanting to see if Eunuch Fu could help her find a doctor. After all, when a normal servant fell ill, they would have to shoulder it themselves. What master's household would pay to let you see a doctor?

But she thought that since this was the Jing Prince Estate, their benefits were pretty good and Eunuch Fu also favored her, perhaps he would find her a doctor.

She didn't know if her voice was too quiet, but no one heard her and no one paid her any attention. Everyone seemed to ignore her and didn't think it was strange she wasn't getting up for work.

Only after they all left did Xiao Hua lay back helplessly paralyzed on her bed.

She had an indescribable feeling in her heart, a little cold a little hurt, but full of uncontrollable grievance.

She didn't understand why the heavens would treat her this way. Why couldn't the heavens treat her a little nicer, and were always so harsh....

Xiao Hua lay on the bed drifting in and out of consciousness. She even felt that dying like this would be fine, since she wouldn't have to suffer any more difficulties....

When Xiao Hua awoke, she was still on her bed.

She was woken up by someone. An unfamiliar face appeared in front of her eyes.

"Big sis Xiao Hua, come drink some medicine."

This was spoken by a girl around ten years old. She seemed very small, her hair tied in twin buns. She looked very pure, and wore a set of low palace maid clothing.

Xiao Hua didn't have time to ask who she was before she was propped up and a bowl of medicine was placed near her mouth.

After drinking the medicine, her mouth was full of bitter flavor.

Xiao Hua was a healthy person in both her lifetimes. It was unexpected that this time she would fall so seriously ill. Her body ached all over, and was unbearably sore. She knew this was a symptom of her fever.