Untitled Part 126

As Xiao Hua expected, that Li family's aunt and that Concubine He came to the western pavilion the next day.

Unfortunately, they weren't able to get in. The eunuch guarding the doors wouldn't let them in no matter what, saying this servant doesn't recognize any aunt. It wouldn't do even if the palace maids by Qi-Shi's side verified her identity. Only if his highness or Eunuch Fu came to personally verify would he let them in.

Qi-Shi was about to fall over from anger. She could even go in and out of the Changchun Pavilion, but she couldn't enter a tiny madam's place. This Madam Hua was indeed as domineering as the Jing Consort said.

But she couldn't pull the Jing Prince or Eunuch Fu over to verify her identity, and she also couldn't openly tell the Jing Prince she wanted to meet this concubine, right? After all, meeting the principal wife was natural amongst relatives, but what was she meeting a concubine for? Especially since she was the one who personally ran over.

Qi-Shi's skin was thin to begin with, and having been rejected a couple times she was already at her limits. Being ridiculed by that eunuch once again today, she stirred up a fuss upon returning to her pavilion.

Li Xue Bing was angry and flustered while Li Miao Lian cried sorrowfully once again. Concubine He brought up the elephant in the room: this matter would help the entire Li family, it couldn't always be left to the two women, right? Concubine He also had a belly full of anger, and decided that everyone should share in their misery.

The situation remained in a deadlock.

Li Xue Bing planned on taking things slowly, but Li Hong Chang wasn't able to endure. He fussily had the personal palace maid send a message to his cousin the Jing Prince, telling him that a small madam in this estate was being overtly domineering. Aunt happened to pass by and thought to make her acquaintance, but couldn't even get in the door before being driven away.

This was Li Hong Chang's usual way of doing things. If he encountered some issue, whether it made sense or not, he would find someone to complain to if he couldn't handle it. In the past he would go find Li Xue Bing or Qi-Shi. Now he was complaining to the Jing Prince.

It wasn't clear whether the Li family had gotten used to this sort of attitude, but none of them seemed to find it preposterous. The only one that might have was Concubine He, but she had already returned to her room out of anger. Otherwise she definitely would have tried to stop them.

Actually, the Jing Prince had already received the news. There wasn't any need for Li Hong Chang to send word over.

The eunuch guarding the doors naturally reported to Eunuch Fu that someone had tried to barge into the western pavilion. Eunuch Fu stroked his chin and pondered for a bit before passing the news to the Jing Prince.

He connected the dots and finally realized why Xiao Hua was looking at him weirdly the day before. It seems that she had known about what happened in the Changchun Pavilion yesterday, no wonder she was secretly laughing. But why didn't she give him a heads up?

Once he thought of this, the Jing Prince couldn't help but laugh in spite of himself. How was this sort of thing convenient for her to bring up to him? He didn't know she had an "informant" in the Changchun Pavilion after all.

Because of the events that occurred yesterday, this situation which should have been bothersome suddenly became quite amusing. The Jing Prince felt that his mood wasn't appropriate, but after thinking about it again, he still found it very funny.

There more many different types of people, but having lived several decades apathetically, this was the first time the Jing Prince had seen such a group of "special" people. And this group happened to be his uncle's family....