Untitled Part 34

The Jing Prince was someone who kept track of time really well. If there was no official business, he would often return around dinner time.

As expected, Xiao Hua had yet to stand for half an hour before the prince returned with Eunuch Fu.

The first thing he did was to change his clothes, washing his hands and face afterwards. Of course this wasn't done with the help of Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun, but instead by the low ranked eunuchs that usually served him.

After he washes up, the Jing Prince would always sit for some amount of time before eating dinner. During this time, Xiao Hua and Xiu Yun would serve tea followed by the meal, and otherwise would stand there as pillars.

During her days at the Hall of Splendor, Xiao Hua had realized a few things. The Jing Prince didn't favor them at all, whereas Eunuch Fu paid an abnormal amount of attention to them. Xiao Hua even had the feeling that the reason they were able to enter was due to Eunuch Fu's arrangements. But why would a servant go against his master's wishes like this, and why did the prince acquiesce in the end? Xiao Hua couldn't figure it out.

However, she knew that she wasn't particularly quick-witted, and thus stopped thinking about it. She could only take things as they came, as per usual. When gods battled, mortals could only suffer the calamity.

After the prince finishes his meal, he would wash his hands and rinse his mouth before going to read in the study.

Usually he wouldn't need them at this time, and since the sky would be dark by then the two of them could be done with their shift. Normally around this time, Eunuch Fu would wave his hands and let them leave. Today for some reason, he didn't make the motions.

After the prince went to the study, the pair had been forgotten. They didn't know whether to leave or continue standing. Remaining in place seemed to be the safer option, so Xiao Hua continued to stand. Xiu Yun saw Xiao Hua not moving, and also didn't move.

The hall was extremely silent. After a while, Eunuch Fu came out and called for Xiao Hua to steep some tea.

Xiao Hua steeped the tea and brought it into the study, placing it on the table and prepared to leave. She suddenly heard a muffled voice say: "Shoulders."

For a brief moment, Xiao Hua wasn't sure who was being addressed.

She snuck a glance at the Jing Prince. Today he wore a matte black robe, his jade-like side profile almost sparkling with luster under the candle light. His thick eyelashes formed a faint shadow under his slanted phoenix eyes. His hairline was sharply etched as though with a knife, his nose as though carved by an axe, his ink-black eyebrows slanting upwards towards his temples.

The Jing Prince was very handsome, Xiao Hua had always known this. After serving him for so long she also knew about his extremely taciturn personality, and expected him to never speak to her. Adding on the fact that the side of his face showed no expression, not even giving her an extra glance, made Xiao Hua think that what she just heard was in her imagination.

Just as she thought this, she saw Eunuch Fu motion towards her from the side. She looked at him in bewilderment. Eunuch Fu's expression was very strange, but Xiao Hua still understood his meaning.

Turns out it wasn't her imagination just now?!

Xiao Hua half lowered her head and walked behind the prince, not daring to delay. She rubbed her hands together for a ten count to warm them up and placed them on his shoulders.

The second time she massaged the prince, Xiao Hua realized he was much harder to massage than the 4th young master. The shoulders had a lot of bones to begin with, and the Jing Prince's muscles were very firm. Xiao Hua originally wanted to use only half her strength, but slowly felt it wasn't enough, increasing it to eighty, and then a hundred percent of her strength.