Untitled Part 38

Xiao Hua told herself many times, and made up all sorts of explanations, but in the end still decided to pretend nothing ever happened.

Perhaps the Jing Prince was just curious about the differences between male and female hands.

This explanation wouldn't fool a three year old, but Xiao Hua decided to fool herself with it.

Putting it this way, nothing had truly happened.

Of course Xiao Hua was on edge for several days. Only after seeing that nothing was different from the past did she feel relieved.

Nothing had truly happened, and the Jing Prince hadn't asked her to massage him for many days. He seemed to be very busy recently. However, this wasn't all that different from the past, and Xiao Hua didn't think too much about it.

During this time, Eunuch Fu had once again said some encouraging words to her. It wasn't really said in private, but he had taken advantage of the prince's absence to praise her steady and experienced attitude, and also added a few variations of "hmm, very good, you definitely have a promising future".

Xiao Hua already felt very speechless when facing this old eunuch, but since this high ranking general manager kept talking to her, she couldn't just ignore him. She could only lower her head and smile, lower her eyes and smile, showing all sorts of respectful modesty.

Everyone knew how to smile superficially, Xiao Hua knew it as well. Only the heavens knew how Xiao Hua cursed Eunuch Fu in her heart.

After the Jing Consort fell ill on that day, she lay on the couch for over ten days without seeming to get better.

She really wasn't seriously ill. She was just frail, and would often catch little illnesses such as a cold or a cough. Although the prince didn't really favor her, she was still his consort and everyone within the estate had to keep her in mind. Therefore, not only were the servants in the Changchun Pavilion too nervous to say anything, even the estate's medical center was terribly vexed.

Within the Grand Xi Dynasty, all the vassal princes' estates had a medical center that was in charge of medical treatment and prescribing medicine. The medical center was divided into the main medical task force as well as the reserve force. There were also several untitled doctors.

Doctor Hu was originally an imperial physician of the royal palace. He moved to the Jing Province along with the Jing Prince.

Throughout history there were very few imperial physicians who could die of old age. Treating the royal family, they would inevitably get mixed up in some shameful secrets. If a regular doctor couldn't treat someone, they could only blame the heavens. An imperial physician treating the emperor would often get dragged out and executed at the drop of a hat.

Imperial physician Hu had muddled along in the palace for several decades, and was naturally clear about the writing on the wall. As he got older, he didn't want to live out his days in fear any longer. Knowing that the prince would take some doctors with him to his vassal state, he went and offered his services.

After coming here, his days became as comfortable as expected. The Jing Prince had always empathized with his servants and had treated him with reverence. Not only was he given a pavilion, they even brought his family over.

The days passed joyfully and harmoniously. Although it wasn't as glamorous as his days in the imperial palace, it was much more peaceful and free of strife.

As of today, Imperial Physician Hu's son was also working in the estate's medical center. He was appointed as a doctor on the backup force. He was known as Little Doctor Hu, and could be said to have inherited his father's skills.