Untitled Part 185

Afterwards, the little girl called Zhu'er did indeed come to the Fengqi Palace once every few days.

This was an extremely innocent girl who didn't understand the implications of being able to serve Xiao Hua in the Fengqi Palace as a concubine.

She was extremely timid, and would often be startled if Xiao Hua made any sudden movements. If Xiao Hua was thirsty, she would fetch water. If Xiao Hua was hungry, she would serve food. If Xiao Hua was tired, she would obediently sit on the couch and massage her legs.

Xiao Hua had asked her in a roundabout manner where she had learned these things. Zhu'er said that she had served her mother like this at home in the past.

The mother she referred to wasn't her birth mother. Zhu'er was born from a concubine, and because she was cute, her own father had gifted her to the crown prince.

This honest and timid girl was cute in appearance and very likeable. It made Xiao Hua feel that her own son was bullying her. She asked her age and found out she was only fourteen.

Fourteen. This made quite an impression on her. Her destiny had changed when she was fourteen as well.

Therefore, Xiao Hua involuntarily felt some sympathy for Zhu'er, and treated her more and more intimately. Only then did Zhu'er shed some of her timidity and reveal a little of her character. She was sweet and naïve, and was an extremely likeable little girl.

Out of curiosity, Xiao Hua had someone investigate at the eastern palace to see how these little ones were getting along. She found out that the crown prince couldn't be said to be treating her well. He would go to her once every few days. It was also said Zhu'er had been scolded to tears by the crown prince several times.

After interacting with her for a period of time, Xiao Hua had started to become biased towards this little girl. She couldn't help but cherish her and scolded her son in her mind for not having tender feelings for the fairer sex.

But since she had given birth to him, Xiao Hua also couldn't speak ill of Zhuo'er. She could only comfort Zhu'er a little and say that Luo Zhuo was cold to begin with, and that she shouldn't mind him.

Unexpectedly, Zhu'er was full of sweat from panicking and explained, saying that the crown prince treated her very well. The reason she cried was because she was too timid. She also said that despite the crown prince's cold face, he was actually quite gentle towards her. Xiao Hua asked teasingly how he was gentle, but Zhu'er stammered and blushed.

Xiao Hua had asked the Jing Emperor what their son's intentions were.

The Jing Emperor said that he probably didn't intend anything, and they should just watch.

One day, Zhu'er stopped coming to the Fengqi Palace. Xiao Hua was a little worried and sent someone over to ask about her. Only then did she find out that Zhu'er wasn't feeling very well these days, and after an imperial physician took her pulse, he said she was pregnant.

Xiao Hua was going to be a grandmother?

Xiao Hua's emotions were strange, but at the same time she personally went to the eastern palace to visit Zhu'er, instructing her to nourish the fetus properly. If Zhu'er needed anything, she could send someone to the Fengqi Palace.

She then realized that Zhu'er was very young, younger than she herself was when she had Zhuo'er. She thus asked Nana He to come out of her retirement, and also sent over Matron Xu who had helped her deliver quite a few times, and had them take care of Zhu'er.

During this time, Yang Nuo had passed both the city and the court examinations as expected. During the court examination, he was marked within the top three by the proctors, and was conferred his top scorer title, New Field Top Scorer, by the Jing Emperor. It could be said that he became famous due to his merit.