Untitled Part 69

Within the western room of the western pavilion's eastern wing, under the light of six burning lamps the room was brightly lit.

The Jing Prince sat at the main seat of the large square table. To the left sat the gentle and lovely Senior Concubine Qiao. To the right sat the fresh and charming Xiao Hua. If Senior Concubine Qiao was a lotus flower in full bloom, Xiao Hua was a budding peach blossom just about to start blooming.

It was hard to say who was more beautiful. It could only be said each had their own charm.

"Highness, this servant concubine offers you a toast."

The Jing Prince silently gave her a glance.

Under the lamplight, Xiao Hua appeared especially charming today. Her palm-sized face carried a trace of pink, and her peach blossom eyes were watery due to her tipsiness. Her lips were stained rose-red from the wine and looked extremely moist.

The Jing Prince tightened his hand and held the cup still as he drank his wine.

Seeing the prince drink up, Xiao Hua turned to toast Senior Concubine Qiao.

"Big sis senior concubine, thank you for your wine today. This servant concubine offers you a toast."

"Little sis Xiao Hua is too polite." Senior Concubine Qiao smiled and said, lifting her cup to drink. Her charming eyes glistened under the lamplight.

Xiao Hua had just put her cup aside when Die'er came up and refilled it once more with the rose red "drunken rouge".

On the other side, Senior Concubine Qiao lifted the other jug filled with wine and poured herself another cup.

"Little sis Hua, big sis offers you another toast." Senior Concubine Qiao smiled lovably and charmingly, and gave the Jing Prince a glance. "Today is a happy occasion since his highness is here. Little sis can't refuse."

Ding Xiang and the other three started feeling anxious. Xiao Hua lifted the cup in her hand as though she didn't feel anything, her lustrous arm was half revealed and sparkled almost translucently in the lamplight. She held the cup and drank.

At this moment, as long as they weren't blind, anyone could see what Senior Concubine Qiao and her personal palace maid were trying to do. Everyone was aware what the Jing Prince was here for. If they got Madam Hua drunk, wouldn't it be benefitting Senior Concubine Qiao?

Chun Cao had always kept Xiao Hua's words in mind, and knew she shouldn't reveal anything in front of others. But at this moment she really couldn't keep the indignation from appearing on her face.

"Big sis Die'er, our madam's alcohol tolerance isn't good. It's better if you didn't give her anymore."

It was kind of rude for Chun Cao to say this. With a master and two mistresses present, should a palace maid be interrupting if they hadn't even said anything?

But Senior Concubine Qiao didn't get angry because of this, and instead said with a smile: "This low-ranked palace maid shouldn't be like this. Your madam is drinking happily, what are you panicking for? This is women's alcohol, you won't get drunk off of it."

Having said this, she used her eyes to indicate Die'er to refill her cup, and lifted it once more, "I'm chatting too much. Little sis Hua let me offer you another toast. Today we're happy, it's fine if we drink some more."

Ding Xiang tugged at Chun Cao a little over on the side. Xiao Hua gave Senior Concubine Qiao a glance, lifted her cup and drank it down.

Due to this back and forth, the Jing Prince had only drank two cups whereas Senior Concubine Qiao and Xiao Hua had drank a lot.