Untitled Part 106

In the blink of an eye, New Year had come again.

The Jing Prince was still the same as last year, entertaining the various officials on the 29th and spending New Year's Eve in the rear court.

According to convention, the Jing Prince would spend the New Year's Eve banquet with the "entire family". Unfortunately the Jing Consort had been confined and the other three didn't show any movements, so he left it at that.

Of course this was all noticed by Xiao Hua. As the date approached, she had started feeling anxious. Without considering anything else, when the Jing Consort saw her appearance it would only be a matter of time before she was swallowed up.

Regarding the matter of her pregnancy, Xiao Hua had also discussed with Ding Xiang whether she should keep it hidden. Ding Xiang smiled and told her to focus on her health. Everything else can be left to Eunuch Fu and Auntie Qi.

Since Eunuch Fu and Auntie Qi had interfered already, Xiao Hua didn't say anything else. Regardless, it was fine as long as she didn't go out. Her thoughts happened to coincide with the Jing Prince's, so there weren't any issues.

Snow was falling heavily outside. The western pavilion's lamps were all lit.

Within the main reception, a square table full of food was placed in the center. Only Xiao Hua and the Jing Prince were seated there. Eunuch Fu, Ding Xiang, Xiao Xia Zi and the rest were serving on the side.

The two of them ate a little before clearing away the table.

They then went to the eastern side room, leaving a single person with them for service. The others went to the auxiliary residence, which also had two tables filled with New Year's Eve dishes. This was suggested by Xiao Hua. They couldn't prevent the servants from eating at the end of every year, right?

This year, Eunuch Fu's gang also ended up eating in a different location. They were gathered within the main residence's side room where Eunuch Fu often stayed.

Eunuch Su was here today as well. The people sitting there were all full of joy.

"Big bro Fu is finally satisfied!" Eunuch Su had a cheerful personality to begin with, and also spent most of his time running about outside. His words were naturally extremely unrestrained.

Eunuch Fu's face was full of smiles. He didn't look different from before, but everyone seated here knew that his smile was genuine this time.

The people chatted idly for a bit before Eunuch Su asked: "That side is still being confined?" He pouted his lips as he spoke, and they all knew whom he was referring to.

Eunuch Fu smiled, "His highness has been busy recently. Since the master didn't bring it up, how can us servants speak out of turn."

Eunuch Su chuckled in understanding.

Eunuch Fu spoke again: "Especially since this side has her hands full recently. Her stomach is huge, she's carrying two and is also being forced about every day. Why would I seek problems for myself and make her unhappy."

Everyone laughed at these words, their smiles were rather meaningful.

Eunuch Fu was a little angry from shame as he said, "This is for the sake of the young master in her stomach, not for her sake."

Eunuch Su patted his shoulders, "Aiya, big bro Fu, no need to explain. We all understand."

***

In the eastern side room.

Xiao Hua sat on the kiln with two pillows propped behind her back. A light blanket covered her body.

Her stomach was already very big at six months, like a wash basin strapped to her body. At this time it was hard to stand yet also hard to sit. The only slightly comfortable position was to half recline.