Chapter 151- 153

Chapter 151: Departure for the Capital City

Heedless of his unwillingness to part from his family, the day for departure still arrived.

On this day, all people of Ling family got up very early and started bustling around loading prepared baggage onto horse-drawn carriages. Those working in the kitchen were also racing time preparing breakfast for their masters. Servants on the go could be seen everywhere in the residence.

After clothing himself presentable, Ling Zhang scooped Ling Maomao out of bed, helped him wash his face and dressed him.

"Old Master, Second Master and Second Mistress are on their way to the ante-room, Young Master. The Marshal is ready. He'll come here to pick you up and then go there with you," Xia Feng informed him after walking inside.

That talk he had with his young master on that day had brought many changes of Xia Feng, the most noticeable one of which was that he had indeed managed to get access to all intelligence within his grasp in Ling family, and stay well informed of what was happening and was going to happen, and all servants of Ling family were rather obedient to him.

"I see." Ling Zhang patted Ling Maomao on the shoulder. "Let's go. It's about time."

"Okay," Ling Maomao answered, but he sounded in low spirits. His elder brother was going to depart for the capital city on this day, which meant that they wouldn't be able to see each other for a very long time.

The two brothers walked out of the house together. Servants in the courtyard were occupied carrying prepared baggage outside. On seeing Ling Zhang and Ling Maomao coming out, they all stopped and respectfully greeted them. "Young Master, Second Young Master."

Ling Zhang bobbed his head. Since Xia Feng would stay in the courtyard taking care of the loading of baggage, he and Ling Maomao left the courtyard.

Yuwen Tong, who had just arrived, flicked a glance at the bustle in the courtyard and said, "Let's go. Don't keep the elders waiting too long."

Ling Maomao looked at him, walked to the other side of his elder brother and held his hand, ignoring Yuwen Tong.

Yuwen Tong fell speechless.

He cocked an inquisitive eyebrow at Ling Zhang, as if asking why Ling Maomao was acting like this.

'This is the first time that this little boy has refused to greet me at a meeting,' he thought.

Ling Zhang looked back at him, helplessness on face, as if replying, "What else could the reason be? This little guy doesn't want me leaving, and he is blaming you for it."

Yuwen Tong's eyebrows lifted. Since blame from a child wouldn't really do him any harm, he decided to let it be.

There were also many people packing things in the Green Bamboo Mansion. Yao Yi and some others, who had worked very quick, had already got their baggage ready.

They walked into the ante-room and saw that Ling Xingzhong and others had been waiting for them.

All members of Ling family and Yuwen Tong sat down and had breakfast. At this time, servants had already got all baggage loaded onto horse-drawn carriages which had been driven to the front gate, waiting for their master to give the order to depart.

After breakfast, they sat in the ante-room talking for a while, and then it was time for departure.

Ling Zhaowen and Ling Maomao would see them out of the city, but Ling Xingzhong and Fu Caiwei had to bid them farewell at the gateway.

Before leaving, Ling Zhang respectfully knelt down and kowtowed to his grandfather and aunt.

Fu Caiwei, eyes red, raised him to his feet and exhorted him to be careful on the journey, send a letter back after reaching the capital city and not to be sparing with money when it came to food or clothing or accommodation...