Chapter 31- 33

Chapter 31: Ling Zhang Wanted to Break Off the Engagement

"Bark! Bark!"

By breakfast-time the big dog, Ada, ran in from outside. The dog seemed to have played outside early in the morning and its body was so dirty. But Ling Maomao didn't mind it. He called it happily when he was holding a bowl, "Ada!"

"Young master, I'm sorry that I didn't prevent Ada from coming here." The servant standing outside apologized. He came in with Ada and puffed heavily after running. Seeing Ling Zhang was there, he shivered and even knelt down. Then he lowered his head and begged for mercy.

The hall's atmosphere suddenly changed. All the servants there didn't dare to make a noise.

Ling Maomao was confused to look at the servant who knelt down. He didn't understand why the servant was so scared. In fact, his brother didn't say anything.

Only Ada didn't feel the change of atmosphere. It didn't realize its dirty body at all. So it directly ran over to rub against Ling Zhang.

Another servant waiting upon by the side stared at Ada and wanted to prevent the dog. But he didn't know whether he should do it or not. At the moment of indecision, his forehead even sweated.

Ling Zhang put down his chopsticks. When Ada was close to him, he stretched out to touch its head and said kindly, "Where did you go to play? Look at your dirty fur."

Ling Maomao was looking at the servant who knelt down before Ling Zhang said. After hearing his brother's words, Ling Maomao turned his head to look at Ada. Then he said, "I guess it must have been to next door to play with Ahua again."

Ling Zhang raised his eyebrows and asked, "How can you know it played with Ahua?"

Ahua was a female dog that belonged to their neighbor. Ada couldn't even move a step when seeing Ahua, chasing after Ahua all day long.

"I of course know it. I saw it fighting with Ahua in the corner of wall in our backyard last time," Ling Maomao answered.

Did they really fight? Ling Zhang was speechless as he immediately understood the actual meaning of 'fighting'.

So Ling Zhang unhappily stopped touching Ada's head. He looked down at it and scolded, "You scoundrel always fool around."

Ada also realized that Ling Zhang felt angry with it. So it whined sadly and rubbed against Ling Zhang's legs with its head.

"Ada, don't make my brother's clothes dirty. Otherwise we might throw you out." Ling Maomao threatened. He instantly wanted to protect his brother, when he saw that his brother's clothes got dirty after being rubbed by the dog.

Ada raised its head and whined at Ling Maomao.

Ling Maomao was about to stand up with anger. But Ling Zhang patted his shoulder to stop him and said, "Just let it rub. You should focus on having breakfast now and go to school later."

After hearing that, Ling Maomao was instantly out of spirits and wasn't angry at all. He complained, "I just came back yesterday. Should I go to school today?"

"If you don't eat quickly, your father will catch you later and send you to school in person," Ling Zhang said.

After hearing his father would come to get him, Ling Maomao quickly buried himself to the meal. At the same time, he didn't forget to glance at the person kneeling on the ground.

Ling Zhang also looked at the servant and said simply, "Stand up. Don't stop Ada when it comes here in the future. But you can't let it enter my bedroom and study."