Chapter 241- 243

Chapter 241: A Hint of Jealousy

Ling Zhang looked very depressed. He had done some over-strenuous exercise and felt that he'd depleted his vital energy and was in dire need of nourishing food like fish, meat, etc. The very thought of those delicacies made his mouth water. His face went expressionless at the sight of the congee.

As Yuwen Tong saw the change of his countenance, his heart ached, but he also felt a twinge of guilt. When his eyes met Ling Zhang's remonstrative ones, he almost changed his mind and granted Ling Zhang's wish but caught himself just in time.

It took him quite some time to cajole Ling Zhang into drinking a large bowl of chicken soup congee. Yuwen Tong heaved a sigh of relief. His back was fairly wet with sweat, because he'd been having trouble enduring the look in Ling Zhang's eyes.

Though it hadn't been a sumptuous meal, Ling Zhang's spirits still rose to normal after finishing the big bowl of chicken soup congee. Some precious tonics had been added to the congee, and they produced the desired effects almost immediately. His stomach felt comfortable now, so naturally he looked much better, appearing a trifle languid.

Yuwen Tong didn't dare have a hearty meal in the presence of Ling Zhang in these circumstances. He had also drunk a generous helping of congee just as Ling Zhang had. Ling Zhang was full and seemed to have no intention of leaving his seat, lazily leaning against the back of the chair, looking just like the white fox cub of his. He slightly raised his eyes, the outer corners of which were faintly slanted, gazing at Yuwen Tong. On seeing the gleam in his eyes, Yuwen Tong briefly held his breath, in spite of himself, his lower abdomen involuntarily contracted, and he felt an urge to carry Ling Zhang back onto the bed.

Ling Zhang gave a soft snort and asked him, "What do you think of the congee?"

Yuwen Tong inched closer to him. "All my attention is on you. I don't have the faintest idea of how the congee tastes."

The corners of Ling Zhang's mouth twitched. It seemed that this guy was getting smooth-tongued. After a while, he took his eyes off Yuwen Tong, whose gaze was making him very uneasy. He felt as though Yuwen Tong wanted to strip him naked right away. The very thought of what they had done the day before brought a blush to his cheeks, and he didn't feel like going back to that bed with Yuwen Tong at all, for that would be so not Ling Zhang.

He rose to his feet heading outside. Except for the faint soreness in his legs and waist, he was in a much better state than the one he'd been when he'd just woken up.

Yuwen Tong immediately followed in his wake. A very cautious look appeared on his face in spite of himself when he spoke, and his voice was low, deep and tender, too. "As it rained yesterday, there should be more water in the falls. You want to go there and take a look?"

Ling Zhang slightly paused. Yuwen Tong's expression and tone had been odd ever since he'd awoken. It was not until this moment that he came to realize this. He spun around and glared at him. "Be normal, will you?"

Yuwen Tong felt a little aggrieved. He was trying to be normal. His heart was brimming over with deep affection for Ling Zhang — to put it in a saccharine way, his heart was filled with sweetness. Everything seemed so pleasant, and Ling Zhang was the apple of his eye. He found himself staring at Ling Zhang's feet when he was walking, worrying that he might stub his toe or trip up on the threshold. His talking gingerly was totally subconscious, and he didn't at all realize that he was being quite touchy-feely.

Ling Zhang, "..."

Eventually, the two of them still went to see the waterfall. When it was time to go back, Yuwen Tong crouched down, offering to carry Ling Zhang on his back. "Yesterday I promised you I'll carry you. I didn't dare do it on our way here because you overate and your stomach was too stuffed."