Chapter 112- 114

Chapter 112: Concerns

The whole crowd of residents stayed outside the law court for a very long time, looking on. After all, this time, all members of Jia family had been put in jail and were definitely finished. From this day on, there wouldn't be an inch of land for anybody of Jia family to stand on in Tanyang. Since the verdict had not been handed down and the ownership of the mine still stood undetermined, Tao Feng could not take back the mine even if he wanted to. Therefore, he had no choice but to stand by watching the mine fall into the hands of Zhang Chong.

Li Fu, one of Ling Zhaowen's men, walked outside, found Ling Zhang and told him, "Young Master, Second Master bade me to ask you if you want to talk with Jia Yin. Necessary arrangements have been made in the prison. You can go there any time you want."

Ling Zhang thought for a while and then asked him, "Are my uncle and Lord Tao doing additional recording of Jia family's confessions in the prison?"

"Yes. Jia family is a large family. It'll take them quite some time to finish the job."

Ling Zhang wanted to consult with Tao Feng about some issues, so he replied, "I'll go there and see."

There were so many members of Jia family involved in this case that all cells in the prison were filled with people, and all staff members of Prefecture Yamen were bustling around. Ling Zhang entered the prison and saw his uncle and Tao Feng recording confessions of the butler of Jia family. In the knowledge that they were very busy, he randomly picked a spot and sat down waiting.

After Ling Zhaowen and Tao Feng finished recording the confession of the butler of Jia family, someone came up to Ling Zhang and led him to his uncle.

Ling Zhang first asked Tao Feng's pardon for having disturbed him and then said, "Your Lordship, if what happened today comes to Jia Zhong's knowledge, he will surely flee. Do you have any plan for that?"

Tao Feng responded, "I've already sent some men to hunt Jia Zhong. Taking pre-emptive action before the news reaches him is a wise choice."

Ling Zhang left the prison secure in the knowledge that Tao Feng had already dispatched his men.

After returning home, Ling Zhang pondered for a while and it struck him that he should have Wang Dashan take some men and covertly follow those Yamen runners dispatched by Tao Feng. It was not that he didn't trust Tao Feng but that Jia family had been a powerful force in Tanyang for many years, so there were, without doubt, some people who were willing to tip off Jia Zhong on this kind of occasion. He would feel more secure if more manpower had been put into the hunt for Jia Zhong.

But currently, Wang Dashan and others were receiving training in Trap-and-Kill Formation. He needed to have them master six arrays in merely half a month, which meant time was short. Moreover, Zhang Chong was still eyeing his family with hostility, so he couldn't precipitously dispatch so many security guards to another city.

As a result, the shortage of manpower brought him into vexation.

"What's the matter?" Seeing the troubled face of Ling Zhang, Yuwen Tong walked over and asked.

Knowing that he could rely on Yuwen Tong's discretion, Ling Zhang told him what he was thinking about.

"It is a breeze. I'll send a message to the garrison there and have them help with the hunt."

At first Ling Zhang's eyes lit up on hearing this, but then he calmed down. "Will there be any trouble if you do this?"

"No. It'll be merely a request for assistance with a hunt for a criminal, not a revolt. They'll be very glad to do me this little favor."